Animate and Backdrop not included?

RayTracerRayTracer Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

So Im pretty new to daz still. And Ive noticed that while going through the Barefoot Dancer tutorial that I have no Backdrop option. It's missing. Im using Daz 4.7 (Free) 64 bit version. And also aniMate is also missing from my program. I was lead to beleave that these are included. Am I not looking in the right place I feel Ive looked everywhere. Can some one clear this up for me. Is Backdrop and aniMate included in Daz 4.7?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The Backdrop option is now in the Environment pane -- I don't think they've updated the tutorials yet to show the new location.

There's a 30-day trial of Animate2 when you first install DAZ Studio, after which it becomes Animate Lite, but it is included with DS.

• RayTracerRayTracer Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

The Backdrop option is now in the Environment pane -- I don't think they've updated the tutorials yet to show the new location.

There's a 30-day trial of Animate2 when you first install DAZ Studio, after which it becomes Animate Lite, but it is included with DS.

Sorry for the late reply well I found the backdrop option thank you. But I still cant seem to find animate. Ive only found the pose an animate tab however I can only pose.
  • VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited March 2015

Open Daz studio. Click the menu button for the tools in the top menu. See if Animate2 shows as an option in this list. This will let you know if its actually installed and recognized.If it doesn't, and yer 200% you have it installed, try going under work-spaces and changing yer layout, then change it back to the one you prefer to use. Sometimes drop downs get gummed up.

If that doesn't help you can try checking under yer account page under serial #s and see if you have one listed there for Animiate2. You may need to enter that to activate it. There is a screen that shows you yer installed plug ins (and i cant for the life of me remember where that is right now)..Serial #s get plugged into it.

Important note: if you do NOT have a serial # that specifically listed as animate2 do NOT plug the serial # for your DAZ studio in that field or you will break stuff.

Post edited by Vhardamis on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

I'm having a similar issue. I've been using DS for several years now and I do remember having a serial number for the Animate trial back then and I remember trying it out. At the time I was still wrapping my head around just getting a decent single frame render so I pretty much ignored it.

I'm sure my trial has expired but I should at least have access to Animate lite correct? I also purchased the aniMate 2 content bundle today and that's supposed to come with 15 days of free trial and then it converts to lite again.

The thing is there is no serial number for aniMate 2 in my serial number list and I don't have aniMate under the Tools menu. I tried swapping layouts back and forth but it didn't show up.

Right now I can see the aniblocks in the content manager but when I try and apply them to a figure I get an error. Checking the log file shows me the following:

Loading script: D:/Documents/Daz Content/aniBlocks/Genesis 2 Female Face aniBlocks/Bite Lip Right.ds
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'App.getInterface().getPaneMgr().findPane( "aniMate" )' [null] is not an object.
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:1
    Error in script execution: D:/Documents/Daz Content/aniBlocks/Genesis 2 Female Face aniBlocks/Bite Lip Right.ds

That makes me think that aniMate Lite isn't even available.

I checked under Help->About Installed Plugins (this is where you can put in the serial #) and it shows aniMate 2 with a check mark but the status is disabled. There is a placeholder s/n in the box and like I said I don't have a valid one in my list to plug in there to activate it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

I submitted a ticket for my issue and I've pasted the response below, with permission.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a bug with the current version of DAZ studio and aniMate. We have spoken with the developer of aniMate and are currently working on a fix. The fix should be available soon. We will let you know when you can receive the update through DAZ install manager. In the mean time we have a temporary fix that does come with limitations. If you do not need aniMate right away then we would advise waiting for the fix.

The limitations of the fix are:
    1. You must manually install a .dll file.
    2. This file will lock you into aniMate lite.
    3. Any time you re install or update DAZ studio you will have to manually re install the file again. Because the file gets over written with each install.
    4.If you decide to upgrade or use the full version after this point, you will have to re install DAZ studio, in order to add your serial number to use aniMate full version.