My Problem with Some Feet Displacement Maps (SOLVED)

ZephlynnZephlynn Posts: 19

Sorry about clearing the original post.

The problem I had concerned some feet displacement maps that would work on Genesis 2 Female Base, but wouldn't work on Victoria 6 or any other Gen 6 model.

The displacement maps added wrinkles to the bare soles of V4 and G2F models, but not V6 or other Gen 6 models. Then, a few hours after posting, barbult suggested a solution that worked.

Wrinked_Soles_0.1_.png
1266 x 1266 - 3M
Post edited by Zephlynn on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    edited March 2015

In one of the images, the minimum and maximum displacement values are 0, so you will get no displacement, no matter how big the displacement strength is. Try setting the min and max displacement to the values shown in your other image, or even larger values.

Edited to add:
    The displacement maps you have are for Victoria 4 UV, right? To get them to fit the Genesis 2 Female UV or the Victoria 6 UV perfectly, you may need to do a map transfer on them. Google "daz studio map transfer tutorial" and you will find several helpful tutorials.

Post edited by barbult on
  • ZephlynnZephlynn Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Try setting the min and max displacement to the values shown in your other image, or even larger values.

Thanks, barbult! That worked. Much appreciated. My problem is solved. It even works for Monique.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Zephlynn said:
    Thanks to the poster below, my problem's been fixed. Thanks, again.

Hi,

Curious to know what the problem was but the OP has been edited with no reference.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

Please don't clear the opening post - one of the good things about a forum, and the reason people help with questions, is that the information is then there for future users to find.

• ZephlynnZephlynn Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Sorry about clearing the post. My bad.