Question about base figures

eegleeegle Posts: 37
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello I'm wondering when looking at bundles in Renderocity, when it states a base figure, like Victoria 4 that means I need to
purchase Victoria 4 for it to work even if I have the latest Daz 3d software? So Victoria 4 doesn't work for Victoria 6 and vise versa correct?

So even with Genesis 2 Base female I still need to purchase Victoria and others that I like Right? Are there some bundles that I can get that work on Genesis2 Base female alone and how do I find them...

I hope I am making sense

thanks

Eegle

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

Yes, if it states that it requires Victoria 4 to work, you need to purchase that base if you do not have it.
    Base V4 is a purchase, genesis 1 and genesis 2 bases come free with DS. V4 uses an older type of morph system than the genesis figures which is probably why it never came with DS. The only thing you need to enhance the genesis 2 base is the morphs for the genesis 2 bases, V4 is not compatible by default.

The GenX plugin will allow you to use V4 morphs with the genesis figures

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Although it depends on the kind of content -- skin textures for V4 will work on Genesis 1 without needing any purchased product, and clothes can be autofit for free as well (although some clothing autofits better than others -- shoes, skirts, and flowing sleeves can be tricky).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2015

In the store here at DAZ 3D there are a great many products that will work on Genesis 2 female.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/

Just use the drop down box beside figure and you will see thousands. (well it says 1851)

DAZ 3D store is always going to be the best venue to get the maximum amount of content for DAZ 3D base figures.

Also please do note that very often, if you are looking at character sets then anything that needs V4 will need the Morphs++ as well, which is another purchase from DAZ 3D.

Post edited by Chohole on