Laticis Imagery - FREE Add-on the Real Short Hiar

Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 456
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Firstly, thank you to all who purchased my Real Short Hair product.

Please see below Freebie add-on "Really Short Hair"

http://laticis.deviantart.com/art/Laticis-Imagery-FREE-Addon-Really-Short-Hair-519457893

Happy Rendering :)

Comments

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much. That's what I called customer friendliness.

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 456
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much. That's what I called customer friendliness.

You're very welcome :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,488
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I really like the Real Short Hair, and Really Short Hair makes it even more versatile!

Really_Short_Hair_3.jpg
    565 x 800 - 193K
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,953
    edited December 1969

Thank You, It looks great. Very usable one.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thank you. I really like the Real Short Hair, and Really Short Hair makes it even more versatile!

Awesome :) - thanks heaps for posting a render Barbult, glad you like it :)

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Thank You, It looks great. Very usable one.

Very welcome Gulan :)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Superb, thanks heaps!

edited December 1969

Superb, thanks heaps!

You're very welcome :)

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for making this!!! I already have a use for it in mind! :-)

edited December 1969

Daikatana said:
    Thanks so much for making this!!! I already have a use for it in mind! :-)

You are very welcome Daikatana :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,509
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much. It fills a real need. Today I bought 'Real Short Hair' in the MM sale just so I could use this.

Charlie

edited December 1969

Thank you so much. It fills a real need. Today I bought 'Real Short Hair' in the MM sale just so I could use this.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Thank you very much for the purchase :)

Really hope it does fill that need for you.

Cheers Ady

• edited December 1969

Hey, that looks like my hair right after I shave my head. I've been looking for something that will adequately represent an all-around buzz cut, and it's been a challenge. Nice to know that there's Really Short Hair to provide the just shaven look.

Now...does the regular Real Short Hair have the capacity to represent, say, four weeks after shaving, where the hair is between 1 and 5cm long and just sticking out straight from the head in all directions? No combing, fading, layering or styling, just all the hair the same length. If so, this is going straight in my cart!

--MW

edited December 1969

eallenvt said:
    Hey, that looks like my hair right after I shave my head. I've been looking for something that will adequately represent an all-around buzz cut, and it's been a challenge. Nice to know that there's Really Short Hair to provide the just shaven look.

Now...does the regular Real Short Hair have the capacity to represent, say, four weeks after shaving, where the hair is between 1 and 5cm long and just sticking out straight from the head in all directions? No combing, fading, layering or styling, just all the hair the same length. If so, this is going straight in my cart!

--MW

Thank you :)

Unfortunately no it doesn't the attached is the shortest Real Short Hair can go safely without some sections going into the scalp.

But thanks to your question I did a quick test combining Real Short Hair with Really Short Hair with the
    Cap fully Hidden an the Really Short Hair does a great job of filling those cavities.
    The textured cap was a necessity to keep fiber Count down :(

Real_Short_and_Really_Short.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 770K
    Real_Short_Hair_No_Cap.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 810K
    Real_Short_Hair_Cap.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 768K
  • edited December 1969

Laticis -- thank you for your reply. It looks like that, between Real Short and the Really Short add-on, I may be able to use this. My question is this -- on the back of the head in these renders, is the hair shorter than around the crown? Or is it just the angle of the render that makes it seem so?

Thanks.

--MW

edited December 1969

eallenvt said:
    Laticis -- thank you for your reply. It looks like that, between Real Short and the Really Short add-on, I may be able to use this. My question is this -- on the back of the head in these renders, is the hair shorter than around the crown? Or is it just the angle of the render that makes it seem so?

Thanks.

--MW

No probs at all :)

You are correct, the crown is longer but I will have a look in moment to see if a combination of morphs can balance that out.

• edited December 1969

If you can find a combination of morphs that creates an equal length around the head, I'm purchasing this instantly! :D

--MW

edited December 1969

eallenvt said:
    If you can find a combination of morphs that creates an equal length around the head, I'm purchasing this instantly! :D

--MW

Sorry mate....no luck....not only will it not have equal length all the way around it will also carry some shape
    based on the original sculpt.... :(

2015-03-17_2223.png
    1216 x 859 - 686K
    edited December 1969

As my first hair product it literally took months of testing to get to this point but I sure did learn heaps about FiberMesh :)

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

I really love this hair. I have used Real Short hair two times on this picture. For the first one, I've added the Really Short Hair add-on, then I used the hawk dial, but set all sliders for Shorter and Really Short Hair down, that only a litte hawk sit on his head. For the cap i used a black tone and an opacity of 30%. the second one was also injected with the Really Short hair morphs. I have dialed this hair to a good short lenght and set the opacity of the cap to 0%.

So I've got that look that I wanted for this guy. I like that haircut ... but I hope, that I will get one day a similar haircut for the males, that I need just to dial once.

DennisHair.jpg
    650 x 650 - 67K
    edited December 1969

I really love this hair. I have used Real Short hair two times on this picture. For the first one, I've added the Really Short Hair add-on, then I used the hawk dial, but set all sliders for Shorter and Really Short Hair down, that only a litte hawk sit on his head. For the cap i used a black tone and an opacity of 30%. the second one was also injected with the Really Short hair morphs. I have dialed this hair to a good short lenght and set the opacity of the cap to 0%.

So I've got that look that I wanted for this guy. I like that haircut ... but I hope, that I will get one day a similar haircut for the males, that I need just to dial once.

Thanks heaps for the feedback :)

When I first created this I was concerned about strand amount and file size, I still am to a degree but feel I can push it a little
    further for the next iteration.

You could always create a shape preset for your own style so you don't have to worry about dialing in again or even better
    save your created combination as a wearable preset.

Cheers Laticis