Lights & Shadows - Settings cancel each other out?

Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm finding an interesting situation and was wondering if one setting was affecting/cancelling the other.

Here's the setup:

Looking at the front of the figure, there is a main light above and to the right of the character; there is a secondary 'fill' light (I'll call this F1) to the left of the figure at head level; there is another 'fill' light right in front of the figure (I'll call this F2). The main light is a general one for the scene. F1 is pretty standard as well, just toned down, however, F2 (in front of the character) is set to not show shadows. It's also angled to only cast light on the front of the figure, not really much else.

What I'm wondering is this: the character used to have shadows, but now doesn't. Since F2 is set to not show shadows and is overlapping F1 light coming in from the right of the character, could F2's settings be cancelling the shadows that F1 would cast?

Clear as mud, right? :lol:

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,994
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't expect a single light to wash out all shadows, though it's easy to test - just switch off F2 and rerender.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

... ... ... *facepalm*

If anyone sees my brain, tell it I miss it terribly.