Help to create enemy alien/s for a video contest.

synthaholsynthahol Posts: 3
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

I have a storyline here:

http://videofeedback4.blogspot.com/

and am interested in entering this video contest:

https://imagination.usa.canon.com/home

I would like to create the introduction paragraph at the top of the blog page. To do this I need to have the awesome alien ship, with others arriving. There is another part of this as well, another moment in time when I was awakened by a roommate, apparently talking to myself, and saying "they're coming, they're coming..."

I can provide video and still shots, and editing to pull most of it together, and I believe I can recreate the "sleep" sequence mentioned above. I do not have the expertise to create the alien ships arriving in the sky, nor aliens on the ground, and humans running.

Can anyone help me please?

- CB

Comments

• NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

synthahol said:
    Hi,

I have a storyline here:

http://videofeedback4.blogspot.com/

and am interested in entering this video contest:

https://imagination.usa.canon.com/home

I would like to create the introduction paragraph at the top of the blog page. To do this I need to have the awesome alien ship, with others arriving. There is another part of this as well, another moment in time when I was awakened by a roommate, apparently talking to myself, and saying "they're coming, they're coming..."

I can provide video and still shots, and editing to pull most of it together, and I believe I can recreate the "sleep" sequence mentioned above. I do not have the expertise to create the alien ships arriving in the sky, nor aliens on the ground, and humans running.

Can anyone help me please?

- CB

I'm not sure what you're looking for, are you asking for someone to help you model an alien ship and aliens?

I'm assuming you're already using daz, if that's the case, there are many great looking Alien ships for sale in the shop.

As for aliens, check out the creature creator morphs for genesis 2, as well as some of the creatures for sale by PA's like RawArt.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant though.

Post edited by NoName99 on
  • synthaholsynthahol Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I have Daz but it is outside my expertise to learn it well enough to get in the door of this contest.

I'd like to have between one and 6 ships made, one a mothership. Then a small group of aliens made as well. One as a lead, and then a small group to join the first. The aliens will run onto a scene, probably an overlook near here. And some extra humans need to be able to "hide" from the aliens. The final result will only be 60 seconds, a trailer.

• NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited December 1969

synthahol said:

I have Daz but it is outside my expertise to learn it well enough to get in the door of this contest.

I'd like to have between one and 6 ships made, one a mothership. Then a small group of aliens made as well. One as a lead, and then a small group to join the first. The aliens will run onto a scene, probably an overlook near here. And some extra humans need to be able to "hide" from the aliens. The final result will only be 60 seconds, a trailer.

It sounds like you're looking to hire someone to design/model/animate several shots for you to use in the trailer.

There's plenty of talented people on here that could do this for you if you post is as a job offering, you're topic title is fairly vague.

Also, I think there's a specific forum for job postings, I'm not sure which one it is though, hopefully a mod will chime in.

edited December 1969

'Not sure about several shots but certainly a few. This will only be 60 seconds. I have reviewed some of your videos in playlist.

edited December 1969

Also just checked for a "jobs" forum, but don't see one presently.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

ShareCG has a jobs section to post your request. Perhaps someone in the Blender community might be interested.
    Not to be a party pooper, but CGI work, even a small amount is pretty complicated and probably won't come cheap.