Perfect V4 shoulder issue

nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
edited December 1969 in The Commons

OK, I am trying to use the Perfect V4 fixes with a V4 character, but the shoulders are being deformed weirdly.

I've done everything correctly to set up Perfect V4, and the fixes work fine when I load V4 Morphs++, but when I load a character morph, like Mihrelle's Eris or XP's Katana, the shoulders seem to deform. If I manually enter the morph settings, though, they're fine.

V4_Shoulders.jpg
1824 x 1014 - 599K

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

OK, I am trying to use the Perfect V4 fixes with a V4 character, but the shoulders are being deformed weirdly.

I've done everything correctly to set up Perfect V4, and the fixes work fine when I load V4 Morphs++, but when I load a character morph, like Mihrelle's Eris or XP's Katana, the shoulders seem to deform. If I manually enter the morph settings, though, they're fine.

are you posing using pose sphere and dragging with the mouse or putting the values in he parameter dials? I don't know if you even get up to that part but posing with the sphere sometimes ends in strange deforming results with V4 in the past few versions.
    Either way I'd contact the vendor and see if they know anything about it.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

She's unposed when it happens.

Anyway, just did some re-reading on the fixes, and it looks like there's a channel conflict going on. Gonna see if there's another way to load the characters.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

I think I've seen this happen quite a bit with Mihrelle's characters. Try removing the fix morph and then re-injecting it, both via the files from the Perfect V4 folder.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Weird, but it seems to have worked, thanks Barubary!

I think it happens with any character that sets a value to any of the PBMCC channels. The November Character here at DAZ, Teen Ashley, 3D Poetry's Aeron all seem to work fine without re-applying the fixes, and as far as I can tell, none of their files reference the community channels.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited March 2015

For some reason, this happens to all of Mihrelle's characters. Reinjecting the shoulder fix should correct this.

Post edited by Morpheon on