Anaya for Monique 6 Hair Beef

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
edited March 2015 in The Commons

Okay, I was just looking through some of the characters in the PC+ filter and I noticed that the hair on Anaya for Monique 6 looks rather unrealistic. Now, I'm not going to assume that making hair for 3D characters is easy, but I can't help but make a weird face at the way those cornrows seem to just bluntly cut-off at the end, or the detaching space between the ones on the sides. What exactly is that hair product and how was this not noticed by the product team?

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited March 2015

Okay, I was just looking through some of the characters in the PC+ filter and I noticed that the hair on Anaya for Monique 6 looks rather unrealistic. Now, I'm not going to assume that making hair for 3D characters is easy, but I can't help but make a weird face at the way those cornrows seem to just bluntly cut-off at the end, or the detaching space between the ones on the sides. What exactly is that hair product and how was this not noticed by the product team?
    Guessing, "Go Fever".
    The rush to get it out the door before the Daz deadline for Monique 6 bundle selection process had elapsed.
    Probably why none of the Monique 6 dreadlocks styles have hair behind the shoulder options as well.
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,884
    edited March 2015

Guessing, "Go Fever".
    The rush to get it out the door before the Daz deadline for Monique 6 bundle selection process had elapsed.
    Probably why none of the Monique 6 dreadlocks styles have hair behind the shoulder options as well.

Well this one has, partly:

http://www.daz3d.com/vidal-braids-for-genesis-2-female-s

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Just did a quick test, it actually has hair-back morphs for both shoulders.
    --

vidal_hairback.jpg
    876 x 600 - 388K
    edited March 2015

Taozen said:
    --
    Where! I tore them apart when they came out, because some one was asking about that. Was there an update to that?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/776464/
    edited March 2015

Taozen said:
    --
    Where! I tore them apart when they came out, because some one was asking about that. Was there an update to that?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/776464/

Just downloaded mine, so maybe. But you can also see it on the promos, though only on the right side. So unless they've updated the promos also, it's been there all the time I suppose.
    --

dreadlock-dials.jpg
    376 x 544 - 59K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited December 1969

I don't think the hair on Anaya is sold here. I think it's one of the Outoftouch hairs or one of Ali's hairs from Renderosity. The braid pattern doesn't match anything you can find in the store here.

edited March 2015

Sorry to drop off the face of the earth like that. Had to fix something major in the house (hot water heater exploded).

I do see that , even in the promos I saved the day I purchased Vidal Braids, and yet from my screen-caps from just now, I do not see the dials you point out. I'm either blind, or there was an update after Studio Bets 4.8.0.9 the last time I had dim open. 17 March 2015 09:26 PM

Update time it is I guess, and to send a PM off to the fella that was looking, as soon as I can locate that thread (somewhere in the commons).
    (EDIT)
    In front of my face, lol.

VB_Movements_002.png
    1376 x 1001 - 529K
    VB_Style_001.png
    1012 x 489 - 166K
    VB_FittingMorphs_001.png
    1015 x 561 - 219K
    VB_Adjustment_001.png
    998 x 500 - 175K
    edited December 1969

Sorry to drop off the face of the earth like that. Had to fix something major in the house (hot water heater exploded).

I do see that , even in the promos I saved the day I purchased Vidal Braids, and yet from my screen-caps from just now, I do not see the dials you point out. I'm either blind, or there was an update after Studio Bets 4.8.0.9 the last time I had dim open. 17 March 2015 09:26 PM

Update time it is I guess, and to send a PM off to the fella that was looking, as soon as I can locate that thread (somewhere in the commons).
    (EDIT)

Yea, sometimes you can go totally blind to something that stares you right into the face, tried it quite a few times myself. :)

But morph names can be cryptic too, which doesn't make it easier to find that you're looking for.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    I don't think the hair on Anaya is sold here. I think it's one of the Outoftouch hairs or one of Ali's hairs from Renderosity. The braid pattern doesn't match anything you can find in the store here.

Ahh, I see. I was beginning to wounder if that as somewhat the case. No offence to the artist who made that hair by any means, but I was questioning to myself if maybe the hair itself wasn't even G2F-oriented to begin with, especially with the notable mesh detachment on the sides. It looks as if it was auto-fitted on or something.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

(EDIT)

was me was asking :)

Thanks.

i was looking for dancer hair.

edited December 1969

Okay, after learning the name of the hair product, that being OOT's Keysha Hair, and checking it out at Rendo, it pretty much validates the suspicion that the gaps are due to auto-fitting (where this hair is a V4 product). However, this still doesn’t excuse the coarse cut-off at the roots.

edited December 1969

Okay, after learning the name of the hair product, that being OOT's Keysha Hair, and checking it out at Rendo, it pretty much validates the suspicion that the gaps are due to auto-fitting (where this hair is a V4 product). However, this still doesn’t excuse the coarse cut-off at the roots.

I think the strands look a lot like the steel bars you're using in reinforced concrete. :) And the way they're cut off at the ends doesn't really look natural.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

I think the strands look a lot like the steel bars you're using in reinforced concrete. :) And the way they're cut off at the ends doesn't really look natural.

Exactly. I mean, could they have at least smoothed the ends to the scalp? The way the hair is now make it looks like someone hair dyed a bag of Twizzlers and glued them to her head. I hope no one finds that offensive, but that's honestly what it looks like to me.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

maybe just try and send a sitemessage to oot over at renderosity, since the hair's located there.

edited March 2015

Taozen said:

Exactly. I mean, could they have at least smoothed the ends to the scalp? The way the hair is now make it looks like someone hair dyed a bag of Twizzlers and glued them to her head. I hope no one finds that offensive, but that's honestly what it looks like to me.lol. Yep, that's what happens when you just cram Poser-only shaders down 3delight's throat. It vomits out hair dyed Twizzlers, lol.

It's not just the OOT styles that do that. Out of everything I've gotten over there, only two things look remotely convincing in Daz Studio with 3delight. ArchaeopteryxDR, and Sandra.
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/34754
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/765598/

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

The hair isn't great but I don't think it looks as unrealistic as Messy Dreads. Those just look like a bunch of knitted cheese puffs.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,374
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Exactly. I mean, could they have at least smoothed the ends to the scalp? The way the hair is now make it looks like someone hair dyed a bag of Twizzlers and glued them to her head. I hope no one finds that offensive, but that's honestly what it looks like to me.lol. Yep, that's what happens when you just cram Poser-only shaders down 3delight's throat. It vomits out hair dyed Twizzlers, lol.

It's not just the OOT styles that do that. Out of everything I've gotten over there, only two things look remotely convincing in Daz Studio with 3delight. ArchaeopteryxDR, and Sandra.
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/34754
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/765598/

Its got nothing to do with the shaders its got to do with how the hair is modelled and how its been fitted. And you cannot expect Poser products to work perfectly out of the box in DS, they are a lot better than they use to be. And there are many products at Rendo that work fine in DS without any tweaking.