Shaping / Posing / Parameters confusion

edited March 2015 in The Commons

Hello!

I am struggeling so much with finding the right item among Posing / Shaping and Parameters.

I need around 15 seconds to find the right item in one of these tabs, and I can never remember which one it was.

For example, I want to change the size of the nose of my character. Did you ever try that, and did you suceed doing that within 5 seconds? I did not.

May I ask why Posing / Shaping and Parameters are separated?
It would make much sense to me to put them all together in one tab.

Users would not have to switch tabs anymore.

And I would very much like to suggest to not have the combobox for the selected item be on top of the menu.
For example, when you have a character with 5 props, you struggle a lot to find the right props and then the correct shaping / morph setting.

I would really like to suggest that there should be no combobox on top but that the items themselves are shown under the tabs.
I am not sure if I could express myself well, but I think if you use DAZ a lot, you will know what I mean.

Thank you.

I have attached a screenshot of the madness.
As you can see, a click of all 3 of these items reveal the same sub-items.
This is just confusing and time-taking.

same1.jpg
1075 x 476 - 106K
Post edited by johann.hesters_2e9dd0ece9 on

Comments

• edited March 2015

And - as you can see in the attached screenshot - I am trying to change the nose.
    My basic instinct would be to search for this under "Shaping".
    Because the many subitems confuse me, I try to locate the nose using the Search Box.
    But that doesn't show me the desired item. :-(

Could you fix this, please?
    Thank you!

shaping1.jpg
    570 x 471 - 47K
    Post edited by johann.hesters_2e9dd0ece9 on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883
    edited December 1969

I find it easier to just use the Parameters Tab to find all those.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

And - as you can see in the attached screenshot - I am trying to change the nose.
    My basic instinct would be to search for this under "Shaping".
    Because the many subitems confuse me, I try to locate the nose using the Search Box.
    But that doesn't show me the desired item. :-(

Could you fix this, please?
    Thank you!

Highlight All not Actor.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The Parameters pane is the one that includes everything (which is why I tend to use it instead of Shaping and Posing).

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Yes--filtering by body part is what I recommend. I love all the nuanced adjustments that are available to DAZ users, but frankly, I also get lost trying to find the right parameter. I gave up on creating characters within DAZ and just export a character that is close to the look I want to ZBRush then just sculpt what I want and import it back into Studio as a morph. I found I can do this faster this way.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Why didn't you just click and expand Nose further down the menu?

• adarsh9591adarsh9591 Posts: 0

parameters shaping and posing tools are missing how to find it

i even tried to change the workspace