Warning!!: See your messages from R... store

almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
edited March 2015 in The Commons

Issue with credit cards in R... store. I'm very upset, any problem with my credit card can cause that it will be blocked the next year for my (stupid) government for internet purchases.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I had to replace both my main cards that I use for 3D purchases, as they both got compromised, and I used a replacement at the VERY tail end of the range of time they gave. I'm upset, but I also know that it happens. I expect they'll eventually go to a form like DAZ has, where you don't enter your card every time anymore. (The card details in that case are stored behind the massive firewall that is the payment processor.)

I think a heads up to folks here who might cross over is good, but they're being very professional and open about it, and so folks should also. A part of me wonders if it was a Heartbleed or related issue, since their description calls it an 'intermittent attack' which exposed the information during the checkout process itself. But that security engineer part of me knows that my curiosity will never be indulged. :)

But yeah, keep an eye on your cards, folks.

-- Morgan

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I'm having to do this too. And since (like an idiot) it was my primary working card I used, it means it'll be out of commission during the replacement window.

Hugely annoying, but better than waking up one morning to find a chunk of change stolen from my account.

• Scene6Scene6 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I'm one of the (many?) customers that was affected by the credit card security issue at R...

I thought my card information was safe at R. It wasn't. My mistake. Someone got hold of my card information and used it. Fortunately, it was not a credit, but a debet card and I only lost an amount of €130 (I'm in the EU).

I didn't know what to think, until R staff informed me about a serious credit card security problem. I'm not angry with R, but I think it's only fair that people should be informed about the security issue at R. Just be careful with you credit card information.

Greetings
    Stephen

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

My card got hit also, I work at the bank that issued my card, and knew exactly who to talk to, since that department is only 30 feet away, but was still a PITA for a while. I found attempted charges in Rome, Luxembourg, and Dallas, to name a few. I don't really blame Rendo though. Hackers are more and more determined to break through any system. At the bank we're trying to get turnaround for our customers faster when this happens. Soon we'll be issuing the new cards here rather then having them created elsewhere. It's funny though, I don't shop Rendo all that much, maybe 3-4 purchases a year, how unfortunate my one purchase in months was during the compromise time frame.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,519
    edited December 1969

The DAZ Foprums are not the proper venue for discussing Renderoisty site issues, especially when they are being dealt with by the affected site.

This discussion has been closed.