What the...?

JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This is Genesis 1. There are a number of morphs applied, some of them from Gen X. It ought not to be a problem, and up to this week it wasn't a problem. But would you look at the distortions that are showing up here in the right forearm and hand? And to some extent in the left forearm.

It isn't an extreme pose. And it only started really making a mess of things in the last couple of scenes I've built. Yes this is 4.7.0.12, but I upgraded a good month ago and the real problems only flared up this week.

I *expected* problems in the scene where I was applying gen 4 and Genessis clothing to Jack Pumpkinhead. (And got it. It worked okay in the T position but as soon as I tried to pose it everything came apart)

But Genesis 1, in Genesis 1 clothing? What is going on here?

Screen_shot_2015-03-26_at_8.46_.40_PM_.png
372 x 335 - 156K

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Usually this happens when bones aren't properly aligned, which is sometimes the case when transferring older morphs using GenX. It's likely only a slight bit out of alignment which is why you may not notice it on other poses.

Fret not however, there's a very quick trick to get things back in order. With the Joint Editor tool selected, right click on Genesis. Go to Align and then Align All Bones. This should fix your problem.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited March 2015

Thank you!

Whatever put the bones out of alignment is a mystery to me. Because i've used this figure in over a dozen scenes so far, at least a couple of them in 4.7, and it didn't do this before.

It turned out that the weird fins that sprung off of some of the finger joints disappeared when I applied bend to the carpels, but I've no idea why the forearms are bending in the *middle* of the forearm.

And *didn't* do it on the next scene that i brought the figure into.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

Well, evidently that wasn't it. I did the selection and align all bones command and nothing whatsoever happened.

Oh well, I changed the costume and concealed the problem as much as possible. But I still would like to know what did it. Because that is just plain weird.