Problems With Ambient Light

MuireanneMuireanne Posts: 82
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm not sure what went wrong but I haven't been able to use ambient lighting in Daz 4.7. AOA lights don't show up at all, I get a "file does not exist error." I've installed and reinstalled using DIM but nothing works. I was able to use them with no issue up to fairly recently.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is it this one : http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-ambient-light

I have it installed, and I don't have any problems loading it. It is stored in the Content Library pan under My DAZ 3D Library > Light Presets > Age of Armour > Advanced Ambient.

It is installed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Light Presets\Age of Armour\Advanced Ambient.

Is that the one you mean. Can you describe the error and how you get it?

• MuireanneMuireanne Posts: 82
    edited March 2015

That's the one and this is the error I'm getting. I think it went FUBAR when I downloaded Daz 4.8 (which I have removed) I figured it was just a problem with where it was installed. So I uninstalled and reinstalled ( using DIM) and it is still throwing up this error. I even tried a manual installation. nothing!

Error.jpg
    736 x 646 - 193K
    Post edited by Muireanne on
    edited December 1969

The figure two in brackets (2), and the yellow exclamation mark show that two versions of it are installed, at least in the database.

You probably need to go to the drop-down menu in the Content Library pane, then select Content DB Maintenance then Remove Orphaned File References to fix it.

Installing any version of DAZ Studio does not interfere with content that is already installed, so I doubt if installing the beta version would have caused the problem.

edited December 1969

Okay, I tried that and unless there is a step I'm missing it didn't do anything.

error2.jpg
    706 x 641 - 204K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

I find that sometimes "Remove Orphaned References" doesn't get everything, but "Scan Known Directories For Files" does.

edited December 1969

No, that didn't do anything either. I wish I knew what I did to mess everything up.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Export User Data if you haven't done it yet and you have custom categories/tags/metadata.
    Reset the database.
    Re-Import Metadata.

edited December 1969

Export User Data if you haven't done it yet and you have custom categories/tags/metadata.
    Reset the database.
    Re-Import Metadata.

Sorry but how would I go, about doing that?

edited December 1969

From the Content DB Maintenance window, in your posted image.

Export User Data first (You really only need to do this if you have set up your own Categories, and want to save them, but it will do no harm anyway)

Then reload the Content DB Maintenance window and Reset Database

Then reload the Content DB Maintenance window again and Re-Import Metadata.

edited December 1969

Thank you! fixmypcmike and JimmyC, that fixed my problem.