What product is "Gravity Well Up.pp2" from? (solved)

MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
edited March 2015 in The Commons

I was looking through my runtimes and I found a folder "\Runtime\Libraries\Props\Gravity" with two items "Gravity Well Up.pp2" and "Gravity Well Down.pp2" All they seem to do is create two nulls called "Gravity" and "The Sky".

Everything in this was installed by the install manager, but a search for gravity reveals nothing (I have some 5000+ items in IM, so it's hard to look for something obvious). What product is it from and what is it's purpose?

gravity.jpg
256 x 215 - 36K
Post edited by MarcCCTx on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,374
    edited December 1969

If you right click on the icon and Browse to file that might help identify the item.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited December 1969

That's just it, the file path shows that its a prop in a fold named gravity. There's just the two files and their icons.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,374
    edited December 1969

The only thing I can think of is this

http://www.daz3d.com/gravity-drop

and I think someone had a set of Gravity boots (thought it was AntFarm as well) but I can't find them in the store.

edited December 1969

No, I don't own that, it's definately something something from DAZ and installed by the Content Manager

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649
    edited December 1969

I don't really know; but from the description it sounds like something DAZ would release on the first of April. For example, I remember one year we had "The Emperors New Clothes"

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Open a copy of the pp2 in a text editor and see if there's anything at the top of the file.

edited December 1969

No, but its a very short file

Creation date ‎Monday, ‎March ‎18, ‎2013, ‏‎6:56:21

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

Can't find it in my runtimes (I've got 8300+ installed by DIM and 2200+ products installed manually from RDNA and Renderosity and others).
    If you're sure it's been installed by DIM, you can search the .dsx files in the ManifestFiles folder in the InstallManger folder. On a Mac, I used TextWrangler to do a multi-file search and it found 40 occurrences of the word "Gravity" in about 10 seconds, there should be something similar on the PC. That would tell you what file it was installed from.
    Happy hunting! ;-)
    -- Walt Sterdan

edited March 2015

Ah, that worked, thank you!

DAZ_3D_1155_Dungeon_Lighting_Kit

Gravitrons
    A Gravity prop library is included which contains both an 'Up' and a 'Down' graviton. To simulate gravity in most cases in Poser requires the existence of a 'Down' prop. To simulate antigravity, an 'Up' prop is needed. Either prop is made as wide as the UNIVERSE itself and placed at the UNIVERSE's lower or upper limit. The body part or prop intended to face Down or Up is then simply pointed at the prop in question. Use the "Point At" command from the Object menu.

I'm in the middle of an iRay render so I can't test this.

Post edited by MarcCCTx on