Amusing workarounds

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,969
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Share your amusing issues and funny ways you got around it!

I'll start...

With this picture, I wanted his pants to suggest/reflect male genitalia, but obviously not show anything overt. I then discovered that... Genesis 2 Male doesn't come with male genitalia. ... I'd have to spring $100 for the Michael 6 pro package? Are you kidding me?

Oh hey, I have genitalia with Genesis 1, I'm sure that will autofit... ... nope.

Oh hey x2, I'm using dynamic outfit anyway (since I don't think conforming clothes could wrap properly around an added item), so I just need to put genitalia in the right place...

So I made a dummy Genesis 1 male figure with genitalia, pose-matched it to the main figure, and set dynamic collision to Genesis 2 + Genesis 1 genitalia, and when I was done and froze the undies, hid all the Gen1 stuff.

I'm not sure, ultimately, how obvious it is, but hey, win!

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    edited December 1969

Share your amusing issues and funny ways you got around it!

I'll start...

With this picture, I wanted his pants to suggest/reflect male genitalia, but obviously not show anything overt. I then discovered that... Genesis 2 Male doesn't come with male genitalia. ... I'd have to spring $100 for the Michael 6 pro package? Are you kidding me?

Oh hey, I have genitalia with Genesis 1, I'm sure that will autofit... ... nope.

Oh hey x2, I'm using dynamic outfit anyway (since I don't think conforming clothes could wrap properly around an added item), so I just need to put genitalia in the right place...

So I made a dummy Genesis 1 male figure with genitalia, pose-matched it to the main figure, and set dynamic collision to Genesis 2 + Genesis 1 genitalia, and when I was done and froze the undies, hid all the Gen1 stuff.

I'm not sure, ultimately, how obvious it is, but hey, win!

If all you want to do is show a bulge in the clothing, there is a far easier and cheaper way, that definitely works with conforming clothing, and should work with dynamic clothes as well.

Basically just load in G2M, and then go to Shaping->Hip->Real World and here you should see the morphs Genital Bulge 1 and 2. Dialling in either of these should create the effect you want.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,969
    edited December 1969

Oh hey, thank you!