OT - 'cause some of us need a little break

1121314151618»

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Ok now I want pizza lol

• If one has the place to set up a dedicated tripod and camera for a year; this is so cool!

https://youtube.com/shorts/BdwUR-UZlM0?si=lT6ASoGQiI5_BHrM

• Playing the Blues on the Bagpipes!

• Space!!!! Congrats to the team :-)

Best comment on that video...

A private astronaut crew flying a commercial spacecraft designed and built by a private company, flew to a higher orbit than any spacecraft from any superpower other than the US has ever gone (~2x higher than the USSR, Russia or China, and Apollo only passed briefly there on its way to the moon), and then conducted an EVA with a commercial spacesuit that only superpowers have ever being able to do. 

• And apparently they ALSO cut the live feed as soon as something interesting [to the rest of us] flew by the window, geez.

Okay, back from the eye doctor, can hardly see to read the text on these pages so pardon any typos, tx.

The following is an interesting chemical reaction:

https://youtube.com/shorts/3000uLHOY_U?si=6AynSuI377hs5ojh

• Eclipse tonight!!!

Full cloud cover with rain so no eclipse here.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited September 18

Bright moon here, tonight.  And I can see it from my front porch, so I don't even have to walk out in the dewey wet grass.  Wheee...

Non-complaint:  My symphony buddy called we've arranged for him to pick me up for breakfast on Friday.  Yay, I get out of my cage for a while.  And I'll get him to stop at the bank so I can cash the refund check from my eye doctor.  Wheee... free money.yes

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I've heard people trampling around in the other apartment in this house.  I didn't figure out who it was.  MIght have been the landlord inspecting the empty apartment, or may have been his step-nephew (or whatever) getting ready to move in.  Regardless, my precious few days of complete quietude are coming to an end.  Soon it will be kids trampling up and down the stairs, puppies barking, adults arguing, and noisy parties again..no

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Then next week (Wednesday) I start my eye lens, laser cleaning procedures.  One eye at at time a week apart.  I've got a friend taking me 30 miles south to the surgery center both times.  Then the week after that I still have to arrange for a trip to Buffalo to let my eye surgeon who did my retina re-attachment, inspect how his work is holding up over the last 12 months.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • We could see the Moon! We could also see, when the camera flashed, a whole bunch of white bits of ??? junk in the air. I process night photos during daylight hours so it'll be a little bit before I post any of them over at DA.

Now, I did notice a few, one at a time, black? things flying {flapping wings?} going through the target areas. Caught one in a still and one in a video clip. So I'm "hoping" it's somewhat identificable as something -- in the meantime I like to think of it as a flying dragon. It seemed to have a long neck, flapping wings, moves fast. And guess what?!!!! The Moon was PURPLE. Yes. I got the flying dragon over the Purple Moon. That's my story atm, and any naysayer shall remember the golden responses are "yes dear" ... got it. Thank you.

It was flying straight, vultures circle.

And while waiting for the store pages to flip, here's a short video -- what it looks like when rigging doesn't match the form ;-) aka "rag" dancing.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited September 18

Have made a start and posted a few Moon photos, not the purple ones yet though. So here's a snap off a litte video - 2 wings are up, they level as it flies, up/level and it does a long scoup swoop upwards, but not out of sight upwards, upwards like if it were flying over the Moon ...  so whether it's actually really large and over there, or is something over here is a little hard to tell. I know of no birds around here that fly like that. However, with those large wings and the swoop -- maybe it's a bat?

Anyhow, what's really neat is the colour of the Moon. The eclipse had started and somewhere along the line, for several shots the photos were showing it as this wonderful shade of grape purple.

The moon was supposed to be in focus, high zoom, and the camera likes to refocus at odd moments however, the colour is awesome. The stills I plan to be posting at DA later are in focus.

something flying.png
    1380 x 664 - 1M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • How saffron is acquired :-)

• Unfortunately we're getting that the saffron video is not available.