Cory bundle is mispriced

CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Greetings,
It's priced as a pro bundle, when it should probably be priced as a starter bundle. As it stands the individual items are cheaper than the bundle...

Wait for pricing to settle, as always.

-- Morgan

Comments

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    edited December 1969

It even seems a bit light for a starter bundle with only one instead of two outfits included. Definitely waiting on this one right now.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Add him to you cart and proceed to the checkout screen..

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited April 2015

.. and what should happened then? I add him to my cart and it shows the same price.

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

You're probably seeing him at $46ish, which is the 30% off for owning Callie, but it's 30% off a too-high price.

Look, there's no way he's supposed to be $134.95 with that collection of items. They're good items (although Rick appears to be a Must Buy along with Cory; I picture Rick as what Cory 6 should have been, as a toon guy companion), but fundamentally the sum of the PC+ prices for the individual items is around $58, so the 30% off should be off of that AT least.

DAZ has done the lower-price single-bundle for a companion character before for Brodie. Going by his pricing (and a near-identical bundle), the base price should be $72.95, for $35.75 for PC+ folks who don't have Callie 6, and $25.02 for folks who do.

I'll wait. :)

-- Morgan

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that price is utterly ridiculous. Hope people aren't buying it. Pun intended.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This was reported first thing this morning (UK time) However it is still early morning DAZ 3D time so please be patient. :roll:

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    edited December 1969

My guess is they were going to offer a Pro bundle and then decided to go the single bundle route..Maybe they are tying to keep the price down because of the little mermaid bundle? But Corey and the add-ons are much better than I expected them to be, and I would definitely go for a Corey Pro bundle (or some kind of add-on bundle like we have seen them do a couple times). The Disney vibe is much more obvious here. I think for Callie they should have ratcheted back on the pin-up stuff and gone more Disney as well. Here's hoping for a Hiro 6 soon!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited April 2015

cory bundle was 18. in the cart with callie base. callie base is stil 22. ouch

and of course, rick isn't in the bundle. dbl ouch

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    This was reported first thing this morning (UK time) However it is still early morning DAZ 3D time so please be patient. :roll:

So, since I purchased it this morning before going to work, if they do decide to fix the prices, does this mean I'll get a store credit for whatever the difference is? I also purchased Rick for Cory6 separately. If that drops, would there be a credit for that also?

I gotta quit jumping on stuff as soon as it rolls out!! haha

Almost done my Callie cabaret scene!! :cheese:

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

It's been fixed now. :-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited April 2015

Reminds me of the Brodie bundle. That was a single bundle too. And a fairly small one.

Perhaps it should be noted that both Cory and Brodie are "stylized" figures...

Darius wasn't, and he got a regular Starter and Pro Bundle launch.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

stryder87 said:

So, since I purchased it this morning before going to work, if they do decide to fix the prices, does this mean I'll get a store credit for whatever the difference is? I also purchased Rick for Cory6 separately. If that drops, would there be a credit for that also?

I don't know if they'd do that automatically, I assume you'd need to put in a Support ticket. But yes, if you overpaid, you will get the difference.
    Daz is good about that.

edited April 2015

JOdel said:
    Reminds me of the Brodie bundle. That was a single bundle too. And a fairly small one.

Perhaps it should be noted that both Cory and Brodie are "stylized" figures...

Darius wasn't, and he got a regular Starter and Pro Bundle launch.

Yeah, it seems like the idea of male & female coming-out together is quickly becoming a solid trend now. I didn't think DAZ would actually be ambitious enough to do it. :)
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

Considering the demand, I'm not *that* surprised. Of course kids and Teens traditionally have always come out together, so Belle and Brodie were only a surprise in that we suddenly had another set of G2 teens. The bigger surprise was that Josie and Jayden *didn't* come out together.

Darius, however, I suspect was an experiment to see if the results justified the effort of putting together a double launch. I hope they decided it was worth it.

I'll have to say that I would have no problem with seeing new base releases drop back to a double launch (or one like this where the figures only launched about a week apart) every two months rather than the "girl of the month club' offerings.

Particularly if the releases continued to be close enough to the end of the month to use the PC coupons on one after the other when the month changes over.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Considering the demand, I'm not *that* surprised. Of course kids and Teens traditionally have always come out together, so Belle and Brodie were only a surprise in that we suddenly had another set of G2 teens. The bigger surprise was that Josie and Jayden *didn't* come out together.

Darius, however, I suspect was an experiment to see if the results justified the effort of putting together a double launch. I hope they decided it was worth it.

I'll have to say that I would have no problem with seeing new base releases drop back to a double launch (or one like this where the figures only launched about a week apart) every two months rather than the "girl of the month club' offerings.

Particularly if the releases continued to be close enough to the end of the month to use the PC coupons on one after the other when the month changes over.

Exactly, one coupon goes to the female, the other goes to the male. :)