OT: Mad Max Fury Road

3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
edited May 2015 in The Commons

Freakin' amazing :cheese:

And it made me think of DzFire; some of those vehicles are insane and maybe he'll make one or two like 'em ;-P

Post edited by 3dLux on

Comments

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I'm going to see it on Saturday. The reviews are hyping it up a lot; I'm pretty excited.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Sweet! :cheese:

Watching it on IMAX tomorrow with my best mate :-P

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,873
    edited December 1969

Reminded me of DZ's stuff too ;)

Rawn

Max1small.jpg
    1000 x 1334 - 322K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Rawn

What a Lovely Day :cheese:

That rawks, Rawn :)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

someone say Mad Max?

Badlands-Final-001.jpg
    1970 x 1130 - 216K
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

I have no intrest in a remake

is what I said BEFORE I watched that trailer.
    HOLY ****!

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I thought it was a sequel? Is it a remake?

• Rae134Rae134 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Sequel - non stop action, watched it last night and loved it.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Rawn

that is a great image.. :)

• lwaveslwaves Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Definitely a sequel.
    Seems to be set between the first and second movie (I've heard others say that too) and if you know the second movie, and have seen the trailer for Fury Road, you'd know why it has to be set at that point. Not gonna spoil it - just in case.
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2015

It's not really a prequel or a direct sequel, or a remake. According to Hardy and Miller (Hardy=actor, Miller=writer/director), it's more of a reimagining. Same character in an updated version of the world.

Is Fury Road a Remake, Prequel or Sequel?
    It’s not a prequel, and very definitely not a remake. The sequel question is slightly more difficult to answer. Writer/director George Miller calls it a “revisiting.” This is kind of a sequel to the previous Mad Max films, but think of it like a new James Bond film after the actor has just changed over.

We’re conditioned to think of series of movies as being part of an explicit chronology, but that’s not how this one works. There was talk at one point of Fury Road being a film set between The Road Warrior and Thunderdome, but it doesn’t play that way at all.

Tom Hardy said,

"We have to take it differently as George is taking it. It’s a relaunch and revisit to the world. An entire restructuring. That’s not to say that it’s not picking up or leaving off from the Mad Max you know already, but it’s a nice re-take on the entire world using the same character, depositing him in the same world but bringing him up to date by 30 years."

Miller said at SXSW this year,

"It’s sort of a revisit. The [previous] three films exist in no real clear chronology, because they were always conceived as different films."

http://www.slashfilm.com/is-fury-road-a-sequel/

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Saw it last night - one big adrenaline rush from beginning to end - loved it! :cheese:

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

Watched yesterday: 100% action. Loved it.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Some years ago, I saw somebody who went all out on a Halloween costume. His outfit was leather, but that wasn't the kicker. His "costume" was a black, right hand drive Falcon XP with a blower in the hood and a dog in the back, and a license plate that read MFP-1. :lol: Mind you, this was in California, so having a RHD Falcon XP took some effort...

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Some years ago, I saw somebody who went all out on a Halloween costume. His outfit was leather, but that wasn't the kicker. His "costume" was a black, right hand drive Falcon XP with a blower in the hood and a dog in the back, and a license plate that read MFP-1. :lol: Mind you, this was in California, so having a RHD Falcon XP took some effort...

I would have gone as The Humungus