Mr Happy isn's that nice!

Marlon BakerMarlon Baker Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Mr Happy isn's that nice, when it comes to render a scene. Whenever I use Mr Happy http://www.daz3d.com/dead-walker-mr-happy-hd with DAZ Studio's 3Delight, it takes hours on 1% to finally start rendering the whole scene. Anyone else have that same problem? And how can I solve that problem? Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

The combination of HD morphs and the AoA SSS shader can cause an extended delay when the renderer first hits part of the figure as it calculates the sub-surface scattering. If the character allows the HD morph to be turned off separately from the main morph, and is far enough from the camera (or in a small enough render) that the HD isn't going to be seen removing the HD details may well help significantly.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,873
    edited December 1969

I don't think there is any specific issue with this character itself. Likely it is as Richard pointed out, that the character does use HD morphs and SSS textures, which could slow down a render, but that would be true with any HD character with such material settings.
    But it does have a separate dial for HD morphs, so you could dial that off and simply use the Low Definition morphs if you are concerned abotu render speed.

Rawn

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

If you aren't happy there is a 30 day return option.

I did find this figure had particularly long render times even for HD. Sadly, I haven't published a render yet, because of the HD Morph lag.

• Marlon BakerMarlon Baker Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for the help! I will try to turn off HD and see, what will happen this time. Attached artwork needed nearly 7 hours to render for a 3840 x 2160 with average quality settings. I will post the new artwork, I working on, without HD and will let you know, how long it will take.

Time_to_wake_up_2000.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • Marlon BakerMarlon Baker Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I don't think there is any specific issue with this character itself. Likely it is as Richard pointed out, that the character does use HD morphs and SSS textures, which could slow down a render, but that would be true with any HD character with such material settings.
    But it does have a separate dial for HD morphs, so you could dial that off and simply use the Low Definition morphs if you are concerned abotu render speed.

Rawn

Thanks for all that great characters, you design. I love them!
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Here is a Poser render.

Is_there_a_problem_with_MrHappy.jpg
    695 x 852 - 544K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006
    edited December 1969

Because I'm happy :-)

Dazzling_pulp.jpg
    600 x 784 - 615K