Yard Builder Misleading Description Fixed

JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
edited May 2015 in The Commons

Yard Builder has a misleading product description. In one part it states the shed doors open and close. In another part, it states they do not.

I purchased the product and found they do not open. I can turn off the visibility for the whole wall in the scene tab. I am able to make the doors invisible with the surfaces tab, but I would rather they actually opened and closed.

Yard-Builder.jpg
1176 x 486 - 344K
Post edited by JackReason on

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,846
    edited May 2015

There was a CR2 Shed which we put in Runtime - Characters that has rigged doors and then also a prop version that is in Runtime - props (which does not have rigged doors) so both are accurate. There is one rigged and one not (or there was) but I'll double check the pack to see if maybe somehow something got confused :) I know they've changed where they want some things so maybe something got moved on me..I can double check..

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Yard Builder has a misleading product description. In one part it states the shed doors open and close. In another part, it states they do not.

I purchased the product and found they do not open. I can turn off the visibility for the whole wall in the scene tab. I am able to make the doors invisible with the surfaces tab, but I would rather they actually opened and closed.

there are two models included, a figure with opening doors, and a prop with non-opening doors

edited December 1969

lol Ann beat me to it, i was checking in poser to see that both were in fact there before i replied, yes there is a figure version and a prop version, the doors on the figure do in fact open

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited May 2015

It has the front wall for quick scenes if you didn't want to use the CR2. There is a preset in the props folder that loads the full shed with door unable to open for people that didn't want to use the doors. It makes for a quicker scene setup

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,145
    edited May 2015

There are two versions of the shed, one is a figure cr2 with opening doors, the other is a set of props. The cr2 is in runtime/libraries/character/ART_YardBuilder

Edit: Wow, everyone beat me to it!

Post edited by nightwolf1982 on
  • JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

Ok, I found it. The shed with the opening doors is under figures. The non-opening version and all the rest of the content was under props.

That sure was confusing.

Thank You.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,846
    edited December 1969

Sorry JackReason, we had made the set that way to give more option and to take into account different needs (and different systems) since loading a CR2 is heavier and takes more processing than loading the static prop, we include both so you don't have to use the extra system resources loading a CR2 if you don't want to open the doors for your render and only wish to render inside or only outside :)

Sorry if we caused confusion :(

• JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

Sorry JackReason, we had made the set that way to give more option and to take into account different needs (and different systems) since loading a CR2 is heavier and takes more processing than loading the static prop, we include both so you don't have to use the extra system resources loading a CR2 if you don't want to open the doors for your render and only wish to render inside or only outside :)

Might be a good idea to point that out in the read me...

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18288/start

edited December 1969

actually it does say that, the doors open is under the CR2 (figure ), and the doors not open is under the PP2 (prop)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

actually it does say that, the doors open is under the CR2 (figure ), and the doors not open is under the PP2 (prop)

Yep