Replacing default UVs - pdf tutorial

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Read a request the other day which just had to be looked at lol ...
This is less editing work than suggested ... only ONE line needs to be edited.
READ THE WHOLE TUTORIAL FIRST and PRACTICE ON SOMETHING TOTALLY NOT IMPORTANT, like a sphere.

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT for messing with the providing UV maps on precious purchases ... this is for those who are making their own models/figures/whatever [i.e. unique items] ... and it is what I consider a 'work-a-round' because if one thoroughly examines and fixes their .obj files BEFORE making them into figures; one does not need to change the default uvmaps ... however, yes it can be done. [which is good because we all goof now and then]

Also this is NOT for adding in additional uvmaps. That does not require this type of a fix.

DA Link

n.b. I do not have testers for this ... so if somebody finds something totally amiss, kindly send me a PM.

Replacing_Default_UVs_promo.png
773 x 1000 - 93K

Comments

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited May 2015

Hey Catherine,

Just a heads up...

I am getting a blank 12 MB, 8 page PDF opening in default Puppy Linux viewer.

I downloaded twice, and used two unzipping programs on both ZIP's.

I'll try to view them in Windows Abode viewer later, but every PDF I have ever downloaded in the past decade (hundreds) work fine in the Linux PDF viewer, so not sure if it's your PDF, or a dependency issue with whatever PDF software you used to create it.

Hopefully another user can download and verify if PDF is intact. No issues with ZIP (not corrupted).

I'll come back, and let you know how it is in Adobe PDF viewer.

***EDIT***
    Okay, I just tested in Adobe PDF viewer 6.0 on Windows XP, and it is intact. So, it looks like Linux PDF viewer does not like the encoding (at least Puppy Linux).

Great tutorial. I already knew this technique, but I like viewing your tuts. Very good presentation, and should be easy for people to follow and utilize for their meshes without errors. Good job... Keep up the great work!

Side note: I thought the bulldog was yours all the way until the end. I remember you were building one, but I don't recall if you ever finished it.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Hey Catherine,

Just a heads up...

I am getting a blank 12 MB, 8 page PDF opening in default Puppy Linux viewer.

I downloaded twice, and used two unzipping programs on both ZIP's.

I'll try to view them in Windows Abode viewer later, but every PDF I have ever downloaded in the past decade (hundreds) work fine in the Linux PDF viewer, so not sure if it's your PDF, or a dependency issue with whatever PDF software you used to create it.

Hopefully another user can download and verify if PDF is intact. No issues with ZIP (not corrupted).

I'll come back, and let you know how it is in Adobe PDF viewer.

***EDIT***
    Okay, I just tested in Adobe PDF viewer 6.0 on Windows XP, and it is intact. So, it looks like Linux PDF viewer does not like the encoding (at least Puppy Linux).

Great tutorial. I already knew this technique, but I like viewing your tuts. Very good presentation, and should be easy for people to follow and utilize for their meshes without errors. Good job... Keep up the great work!

Side note: I thought the bulldog was yours all the way until the end. I remember you were building one, but I don't recall if you ever finished it.

Thank you for the feedback.

No, that Bullie was a first try ... however now that Hexagon is working much better on my computers [video card updates actually were worth the trip] I'm trying again to make and hopefully finish this time, a few projects.