Daz sales.

BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Even though I registered on the site a long time ago, I only bought my first item and started using daz about a month ago, so I'm not sure how things work, but does daz have any huge annual sales that you all mark on your calendar? like steam does. For those who don't know, Steam is a PC game store / platform, and they have their daily deals and publisher weekends, like Daz, but three or four times a year they will have a huge blowout sale, (Spring sale for example with deals every few hours and it's just complete insanity where you save for a month and then end up spending waaay too much money for stuff that you will probably never play. :D
I was on the steam forum a few minutes ago, and was just curious if that ever happens here?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

March Madness, the Annual PA celebration and the PC Anniversary all spring immediately to mind.

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    March Madness, the Annual PA celebration and the PC Anniversary all spring immediately to mind.

Oh yes, I think I came in on the tail end of March madness- Everything in store was 50% off with an extra 50% on daz originals if you spent over $50. That probably gave me half of my entire collection.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited May 2015

"March Madness" and there's usually something in October too.

Although DAZ's sale policies have been changing recently, but the best way to grab a real bargain is to visit the store at least twice a day. Noon, and evening. (US time) and watch the Freebies and "Fast Grab" and peruse the "Commons" looking for anticipatory comments about ongoing or upcoming big sales events.

As of a few moments ago you can get a major freebie (M4 Hero Pro Pack) in the "DAZ 3D Freebie" category. Save $179 !!!
    http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

Well... there's some sale every day.
    A lot of the time, you will have 40-60% PA shop sales (usually for all shop items except new releases and platinum club items).
    Then, there's Fast grab, which has items on sale for 70% off. That's always worth checking.
    They have the freebies, where you get a freebie with any purchase.
    And last, but not least, they have sales where they promote some new release, and if you combine the new releases with other items, you will get anywhere between 30-70% off... but only if you understand how exactly you have to mix them together. ;-)

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited May 2015

"March Madness" and there's usually something in October too.

Although DAZ's sale policies have been changing recently, but the best way to grab a real bargain is to visit the store at least twice a day. Noon, and evening. (US time) and watch the Freebies and "Fast Grab" and peruse the "Commons" looking for anticipatory comments about upcoming big sales events.

As of a few moments ago you can get a major freebie (M4 Hero Pro Pack) in the "DAZ 3D Freebie" category. Save $179 !!!
    http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack

I check the store at least ten times a day, but for me (all the way in South Africa) it's between 5 in the evening and 9 at night, (for flash sales) and I wake up to their their big sale every morning. The problem is the evening sale never seems to be consistent, and I've even seen one only last for about 2 hours , so I end up just checking the store all the time. I'm sure that's their plan lol.

The M4 was such a cool find, When I saw that I snatched it up so quickly! Very generous of them.

I will keep my eye on the Commons. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post edited by BradCarsten on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,969
    edited December 1969

Be sure, when you buy a sale, to double-check what you paid. Sometimes sale discounts don't process properly.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

And some items on sale don't show up on any announcement pages.
    Select the "all" and sort by price to find some of them, then check the relevant stores.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,969
    edited December 1969

Yeah. I noticed some of the West wing horror themed sets seem to have some sort of bundling sale price (which is cool because they are already on sale).

I have no idea which sale bundle that is, but hey.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,799
    edited May 2015

To answer your original question,

March Madness in ...erm... March
    PA Sale in October
    PC+ Sale in November

But there's always a sale of some sort going on, usually several.

Something to look out for is when the same product is covered by more than one sale - sometimes you can get spectacular savings by combining them.

Consider joining the Platinum Club if you plan to spend any money here, it'll save you loads.

PS. You should be able to get anything in the shop for at least 50% off, if you can wait for it to appear in a sale.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chris said:
    To answer your original question,

March Madness in ...erm... March
    PA Sale in [strike]October[/strike] September
    PC+ Sale in [strike]November[/strike] October

But there's always a sale of some sort going on, usually several.

Something to look out for is when the same product is covered by more than one sale - sometimes you can get spectacular savings by combining them.

Consider joining the Platinum Club if you plan to spend any money here, it'll save you loads.

PS. You should be able to get anything in the shop for at least 50% off, if you can wait for it to appear in a sale.

Corrected that for you.