Belle 6 render oddity.....

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited May 2015 in The Commons

edited:

deleted because I can't reproduce the problem no matter what I do.

LOL.

Possibly a strange glitch in the matrix and won't happen again. Who knows???

:D :D

edited again cos i forgot to delete the image. Sheesh, can a mod delete this entire post for me please????

Post edited by jakiblue on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited December 1969

It's a semi-common occurence with the AoA SSS shaders. The temp, .tdl, files DS creates have become *insert term here* and need to be re-created.
    Either go to your DS temp folder and delete all .tdl files or save scene, exit DS (and make sure it has closed by watching Task Manager), restart, re-load scene. Then try another render - you may need a couple of attempts for the shaders 'to take'.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    It's a semi-common occurence with the AoA SSS shaders. The temp, .tdl, files DS creates have become *insert term here* and need to be re-created.
    Either go to your DS temp folder and delete all .tdl files or save scene, exit DS (and make sure it has closed by watching Task Manager), restart, re-load scene. Then try another render - you may need a couple of attempts for the shaders 'to take'.

AH!!! Thank you SimonJM!

uh, where is the DS temp folder located?

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    SimonJM said:

AH!!! Thank you SimonJM!

I think, by default, on Windows it wil be under your My Documents somewhere, but it is configurable - look under Preferences (F2). I'd be more helpful/exact but my little netbook does not have DS installed :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

I like thinking that they've gone out for a quick pint at the local pub that turned into an all nighter...

But with the AoA shader, there is another possible cause, though not as common. Two items sharing the same Subsurface group ID.

Usually things that go wonky all of a sudden and aren't repeatable...it's the tdl files going on a bender.

If it's that way from the word go, on the first render attempt...it's the ID problem.

Also, it can happen to any shader...it just seems that the AoA on is more sensitive/prone to it happening.

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

AH!!! Thank you SimonJM!

Ok, now back at a computer that has DS on ..

By default: C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp

It can be found toward the bottom of the General tab of the Preferences dialog

@mjc016 - strange, never bumped into them down the pub ... maybe that's 'cos i use my Local, not my Roaming pub ... ;)