4.8 Glitch?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Not sure if this is the place for this, but found a glitch in the 4.8.0.9 build: A can't just save a project. It always takes me to the dialogue box to name it and then save.

And I still can't locate my Keymate and Graphmate plugins. Have they fixed that?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

Have you entered author information in Edit>Preferences? Save without a dialogue isn't available unless the suer name matches the scene name, to avoid accidentally overwriting assets.

Have you installed KeyMate and GraphMate since you installed your first Public beta? if not you need to do so.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
    edited December 1969

They have been installed. The key and graph mate files are in the appropriate folders in the public build, but no sign of them in the program itself.

edited December 1969

Have you checked they aren't asking for serials in Help>About Installed Plug-ins?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I checked the Help area and it says the products were not registered. Entering their serial number solved the problem. Back in business..

Another glitch: each time I start the program I get the dialogue box to register my information. I never fill this out and always click "do not show again" but it always comes back.

edited December 1969

Try just putting a hyphen in the name field - that's the only one that's really required, as File>Save will always give you a dialogue unless the name of the creator matches the name of the current user (to protect against accidentally overwriting a product file).