An Eyeball Cam?

cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So I don't know if there is one, or if not, do you think there should be?

Basically, I'm working on a story that is told primarily from the first person perspective. 90% of the shots can be made with the "regular" cameras, but every so often I come across a situation where I wish The MC had a camera directly in his eye. I'm sure with some work I can make the regular camera do what I need, but it would be nice if I could just pose the MC and have the camera in the proper spot. (i.e. He turns his head, and the camera turns with it.)

Is this even an idea that others would find useful? Is there one already?

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,494
    edited December 1969

You should be able to create a camera, position it just in front of the MC's head, and parent it to the head.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

I've done as Murgatroyd suggests before, to make sure I get eyelines right when important.

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    edited December 1969

You should be able to create a camera, position it just in front of the MC's head, and parent it to the head.

Well, That sounds like that could do the trick, I'll give it a try in the morning.... I didn't realize you could parent cameras to objects, but then again, I only recently realized the value of multiple cameras.....

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Something to note, you'll have to play with the camera a bit so it sticks out so you're not justing look at the inside of the head :)