GenX and GenX2 update

mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I originally purchased GenX and then GenX2 when it was released with the G2 addon. This week there were two updates in DIM:

Genesis Generation X for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
Genesis Generation X2 for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

I installed both of these, started DAZ Studio up and discovered the GenX pane was arranged differently and did not include the target drop down box that allowed you to select Genesis. G2F or G2M. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but same results. I then figured out this must be the original GenX plugin, not the GenX2 plugin. I uninstalled the update:

Genesis Generation X for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

and then things were back to normal. I had the GenX2 plugin again and could select Genesis 2 F or M as the target.

Apparently, if you purchases both GenX and GenX2, you are not suppose to install the update to GenX, only the update to GenX2.

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I just discovered that myself.

But DIM was trying to alert me somehow. I tried to install Generation X first because that was the first and I forgot whether X2 was an update to X or a whole pack with X included.

As sooon as I hit Install on Gen X, Generation X2 disappeared! LOL They're teeny files, but I hadn't clicked on it yet. DIM had pulled it out of 'updates' and put it in with the other 'ready to download' items. Clicked 'install' on it (I have DIM set to automatically install after downloading) but it just sat in the second column. So I goes, AHA.

Uninstalled Gen X, then installed Gen X2 successfully.