LAMH misc questions

srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Some of the LAMH (Look At My Hair plugin) presets include an image file. What is that for, and does it matter where it is relative to anything else?

When I install these files, must I put them in a mapped native DAZ Studio content folder like all my other content (and/or with the image file in it's own uniquely named subfolder like you would with any images you use in DAZ Studio to avoid duplicate filename issues?) Or are these files completely independent of DAZ Studio and I can just put them anywhere?

screenshot,_LAMH_files.png
417 x 320 - 35K

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited May 2015

They are the "growing maps", which tell LAMH where to grow the hair, and other details. You have to leave them where DS can find them, and where the path saved in the description orf the item will look for it. So yes, it would be treated like any other DS content. :-)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

Some of the LAMH (Look At My Hair plugin) presets include an image file. What is that for, and does it matter where it is relative to anything else?

When I install these files, must I put them in a mapped native DAZ Studio content folder like all my other content (and/or with the image file in it's own uniquely named subfolder like you would with any images you use in DAZ Studio to avoid duplicate filename issues?) Or are these files completely independent of DAZ Studio and I can just put them anywhere?

Hello Sean, those images were necessary until version 1.1. From that one, the density maps get embedded into the .lmh or .duf presets, so you really don't need them anymore; if you load an old .lmh file preset and resave it, then you can delete those .jpg's
    Cheers