How does the Dynamic Clothing Engine work?

chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
edited December 1969 in New Users

Recently I installed the Dynamic Clothing Engine, because I like the idea of having more control, and the ability to add wind, etc. However, the problem is, it does not deliver what it says, all dynamic clothing just slipped right through the body of the figure and dropped down to the ground. Why is it happening, what am I missing? Before I installed the Dynamic Clothing Engine all my dynamic clothing worked ok even though it did not have any fancy function. Now I have nothing. If it really does not work, how do I switch back to my regular dynamic clothing tab? I use Mac ox 10.6.8, DS 4.6. Please Help!

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

dynamic clothing just slipped right through the body of the figure and dropped down to the ground

Did you check the "collide with" dialogue to ensure the clothing is set to collide with your figure. It sounds like it is not, and is therefore dropping to collide with the floor.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited December 1969

You wrote install - did you actually buy a license and enter the serial number?

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited December 1969

Sorry to sound ill-informed, but what is this Dynamic Clothing engine I've seen people mention? I've never come across it. How does one obtain it? What does it do, allow you to morph all clothing?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited December 1969

The basic Dynamic Clothing plug-in is included with DAZ Studio. It allows you to take certain specific clothing items (and other items, such as a set of sheets) and have them drape (fairly) naturally over the wearer and other items in the scene. The Control Plug-in give access to the settings for cloth behaviour, so you could for example make the sheets behave more like heavy blankets, and adds a wind machine.

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited December 1969

The basic Dynamic Clothing plug-in is included with DAZ Studio. It allows you to take certain specific clothing items (and other items, such as a set of sheets) and have them drape (fairly) naturally over the wearer and other items in the scene. The Control Plug-in give access to the settings for cloth behaviour, so you could for example make the sheets behave more like heavy blankets, and adds a wind machine.

Oh I see. Its for all those items that have 'Dynamic' in the title, like http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-supersuit-set-3-the-mystics

Thanks Richard. Been scratching my head about that one.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2015

tl155180 said:

Oh I see. Its for all those items that have 'Dynamic' in the title, like http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-supersuit-set-3-the-mystics

Thanks Richard. Been scratching my head about that one.

Not all items that have dynamic in the title.

DS Dynamic items are all made with Optitex being one of the vendors, and specify DAZ Studio as the compatible Software

There are also Poser dynamic items in the store, which will not wrok within DS.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

SixDs said:
    dynamic clothing just slipped right through the body of the figure and dropped down to the ground

Did you check the "collide with" dialogue to ensure the clothing is set to collide with your figure. It sounds like it is not, and is therefore dropping to collide with the floor.

yes, i checked the 'colide with '.

edited December 1969

You wrote install - did you actually buy a license and enter the serial number?

yes, i bought it and entered serial number.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Chris if you have a very busy scene and everything is set to "collide with" as is the default in the panel the clothes will just ignore it and fall thru. Make sure that you only have selected what you want to collide with your clothes.

Another thing to check is that you have the correct version for DAZ Studio. The latest version of the Dynamic Cloth Plugin - Control is 1.5.0.55 notice that it matches the last 3 digits of the latest DAZ Studio 4.8.0.55. If your plugin version is not the correct one you might get problems like that too.

Finally there is a wealth of information in Martin's website, the co-creator of all the Optitex dynamic clothes in the DAZ store that can help anyone master the plugin at http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    Chris if you have a very busy scene and everything is set to "collide with" as is the default in the panel the clothes will just ignore it and fall thru. Make sure that you only have selected what you want to collide with your clothes.

Another thing to check is that you have the correct version for DAZ Studio. The latest version of the Dynamic Cloth Plugin - Control is 1.5.0.55 notice that it matches the last 3 digits of the latest DAZ Studio 4.8.0.55. If your plugin version is not the correct one you might get problems like that too.

Finally there is a wealth of information in Martin's website, the co-creator of all the Optitex dynamic clothes in the DAZ store that can help anyone master the plugin at http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Thank you for your detailed reply. I am using DAZ Studio 4.6, I used to do dynamic clothing with the free version. Now I have bought and got the serial number, so I am trying to start the adventure of the Dynamic Clothing Engine, Unfortunately, as I mentioned, clothings just dropped on the floor. The figure i am using is BeautifulBendsV4, I wonder if this the reason, perhaps the dynamic clothing engine does not recognize this as a V4 figure, so the clothing is not attached to it. I actually ran a test and put V4 in and after I hit the free dynamic clothing for one single frame, the clothing actually attached to V4 !!! Damned, I just uninstalled my Dynamic Clothing engine as I thought there is something wrong and wanted to re-install it. Now I checked my DIM, the version of it now is 4.8 !!! and my DS studio is 4.6, dos it mean that I cannot re-install it ???

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

If you are using DAZ Studio 4.6 then that has to be the reason. You probably need to call DAZ to get a link to an older version of the plugin that will work with DAZ Studio 4.6.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    If you are using DAZ Studio 4.6 then that has to be the reason. You probably need to call DAZ to get a link to an older version of the plugin that will work with DAZ Studio 4.6.

I had studio 4.6, now in order to use my Dynamic Clothing Control I went to DIM and Upgraded my DS 4.8.
    Wrong move!
    Now I cannot even open Daz Studio 4.8, it crashed when it says "building interface" . omg, I now submited a help request.
    This is getting serious, all our work, and the current one I am working on, is not coming back??
    Hope they reply my help request before I got fired....

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Why not give full details of what is happening, and you may get some help here?

What are your machine specs, and what version of DS4.8 did you install (32 bit or 64 bit?) If you installed using DIM, then you can uninstall it again very easily, delete the ZIP file, and re-download it again, it may have been a corrupted download. A very large number of users here have downloaded and installed DS4.8, and most of them have had no problems at all (myself included), so a bit of investigation is required.

edited December 1969

Why not give full details of what is happening, and you may get some help here?

What are your machine specs, and what version of DS4.8 did you install (32 bit or 64 bit?) If you installed using DIM, then you can uninstall it again very easily, delete the ZIP file, and re-download it again, it may have been a corrupted download. A very large number of users here have downloaded and installed DS4.8, and most of them have had no problems at all (myself included), so a bit of investigation is required.

The problem is, ever since I uninstalled my Dynamic Clothing Control, my basic dynamic clothing control that came with DS 4.6, and the Dynamic Clothing Control bought both disappeared, cannot even put the serial numeebr back again since it disappeared from the list of pluggin as well. So, I went to install DS 4.8, hoping that would bring a brand new start and have dynamic clothing control back in order. Unfortunately, now DS 4.8 won't even open on my Imac, ox 10.6.8, and IT automatically replaced my old DS 4.6, so I have no way to turn it back!!

This is my nightmare.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,670
    edited December 1969

When you install an upgrade for DS, it's "vital" that you install DS first, then the plugins, specially Dynamic Clothing plugin as you will end up, sometimes, with two plugins, both the real dynamic clothing plugin and the built in.

So, best approach to ensure you got it installed:
    - Quit DAZ Studio
    - Uninstall the Dynamic Clothing Plugin from DIM
    - Manually remove the file libdzoptitexclothbasic.dylib in /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio4 64-bit/plugins/
    - Reinstall the dynamic clothing plugin again
    - Start DAZ Studio

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212

Above instructions worked like a charm, Totte, thanks for that.  I have a couple of addendums.

My file (in Windows 64 bit) was named "dzoptitexclothbasic.dll"...not sure what the above "lib...lib" part is?

My serial page had two listings for DCC, which took me a couple looks at the page to notice:  A short serial starting with DC10, which did NOT work.  The second longer serial starting with SDZD, which DID work.  Studio hints at this with the grey preview number (ending in XXXXX) but I did not at first think to look for more than one listing on my account page.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

The file Totte mentions is one for the MAC opertaing system, .dylibs are the MAC OS equivalent of the Windows .dll files.