I want to use 360°HDRI video as well as 360°HDRI still images for the 360°HDRI background.

Space JingorohSpace Jingoroh Posts: 85
edited June 2022 in Product Suggestions

I want to use 360°HDRI video as well as 360°HDRI still images for the 360°HDRI background.

I want to use videos shot with a 360°HDRI camera such as the RICOH THETA or Kodak PIXPRO ORBIT360 4K 360° VR camera as an 360°HDRI background.

Daz Studio can render 360°HDRI videos, and we want to use that as an 360°HDRI background as well.

Post edited by Space Jingoroh on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

you are probably going to have to wait until D|S5 surprise

in the meantime Blender would be the cheapest option, alembic to Octane render standalone one of the dearer ones which I have

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
    edited June 2022

Wow, I read that title a few times and the first thoughts were "no you don't" ... good luck.

eta: what would likely work would be to render the foreground to .png files with a transparent background. Then in a video editor layer that over the video you want in the background. A still of the background video could be used for lighting in the Render Settings, just check that Draw Dome is off.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
    edited June 2022

Catherine3678ab said:

Wow, I read that title a few times and the first thoughts were "no you don't" ... good luck.

eta: what would likely work would be to render the foreground to .png files with a transparent background. Then in a video editor layer that over the video you want in the background. A still of the background video could be used for lighting in the Render Settings, just check that Draw Dome is off.

that would not affect the lighting

Blender one could use either Diffeomorphic or TheMysteryIsThePoint's free Sagan Alembic exporter to bring the scene parts in animated and it will do animated HDR 

so does Octane but not in DAZ studio even though it has a free tier because that is limited by what DAZ can do 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

The images in the Render Settings are supposed to affect the lighting. Usually .hdr types however I've been noticing a few .exr files now too. Those nearly crashed my D/S, certainly can't picture it ever taking a video there.

Yes Blender can do all kinds of things!

I meant the animated lighting, it would be static

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

It may or may not be possible to use either ABAS or mCasual's TexAnim script to use a series of 360° images in the environment slot.

edited June 2022

Gordig said:

It may or may not be possible to use either ABAS or mCasual's TexAnim script to use a series of 360° images in the environment slot.

the environment is not a texture accessable through shadermixer, I have tried it and Casual has said he cannot seem to access it either

the best you could do is use an emitting skydome

this has been something bugging me since they added iray

You can do it with Uberenvironment in 3Delight

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yes yes it would ;-) 

• Space JingorohSpace Jingoroh Posts: 85
    edited June 2023

Catherine3678ab said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yes yes it would ;-) 

If it is simply a composite, I can still do it using AfterEffect or PremierePro.

However, if I simply composite the HDRI background video with the DAZ rendering, the background lighting will not be reflected in the rendering.

The reason I want to render the HDRI video in DAZstudiou with the background set is because I want the rendering to reflect the background lighting.

If I want to use an HDRI video with changing lighting as a background, such as a camera moving or lights flickering, a simple compositing operation will not match the lighting in the rendering with the background.

Post edited by Space Jingoroh on