Toonimal Gecko poses? Why aren't there any?

I would like to get some poses for Toonimal Gecko. I know Renerosity has some but it's apparently old for Poser or D|S 3. Anybody know of any or another website?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

Judging from the SKU, it's in the neighborhood of 20 years old, and I don't know how popular it ever was, which may explain why you can't find poses for it.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

I'm assuming that you're interested in using the Gecko as a humanoid character, if you're not and want serious gecko-only poses, this won't help you at all.

I don't know if this will help but the rigging is based on the old Poser rigging, so any humanoid poses from back then should *mostly* work. Due to the difference in sizes of some body parts some adjustement will need to be made, but in most cases the poses should get you in the ball park.

To test it, I opened teh Gecko and Micheal 2, curled the tale becaue it's impossible for any pose to look like it's working with that thing sticking our ramrod straight, then applied three of Micheal's basic poses to both Micheal2 and the Gecko to see how close they could come. Again, it will probaby work with *most* humanoid poses from that era. Your results might be better if you scale the Gecko up to match Michael's size more closely.

Something else you can try if you're going the humanoid route is to create a geoshell, export is as an .obj file, open that in some modelling software, then delete parts that you don't want (e.g. head, hands, feet), reimport the .ojb and if you search the forums a bit you shoud fine ways to apply the Gecko's rigging to the .obj  to make a quick bodysuit. I've done this with other characters but am not 100% sure if applying the rigging will work with an item this old.

Good luck!

-- Walt Sterdan

Toon Gecko 00.png
    800 x 600 - 141K
    Toon Gecko 01.png
    800 x 600 - 139K
    Toon Gecko 02.png
    800 x 600 - 126K
    Toon Gecko 03.png
    800 x 600 - 154K