Any Previews for the Genesis 3 Males?

2»

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Morph injection was invented for the 3rd generation figures.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Morph injection was invented for the 3rd generation figures.

Yeah, but I never had to mess with that with them or Aiko 3. Vicky 3, yeah, but I rarely touched her after the initial week or so.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

For the new Scot figure being sold, there is a notification that if you buy the Pro Bundle, you'll get 50% off the "soon to be released" MIchael 7 Pro Bundle. (I think I got that right.) So how "soon" is "soon"? I read a sepecualtion that the genesis 3 males would be released in September when there's some kind of scheduled sale or acitivity. Don't know anything about that. Is there something scheduled in September? And, could that be the time Michael 7 will be released?

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 467
    edited August 2015

Would be nice... I know he's coming... as I got this after my Scott Pro Bundle purchase

Michael7-when.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 232K
    Post edited by MKeyes on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited August 2015

Greetings,

I think it's time for the Anime Catgirl Invasion of the (G3F)Dazsphere! (nurse, maid, plug-suit and schoolgirl outfits optional)

While I agree on most other points, in the Anime Catgirl Invasion, schoolgirl outfits are *not* optional! ;) (except perhaps in the 'clothing optional' sense...)

In a little more serious a vein, the underlying realism of the character models does make it a bit hard to turn them into really stylized anime characters.

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    MKeyes said:

Would be nice... I know he's coming... as I got this after my Scott Pro Bundle purchase

Ah, good. That does make it seem like it's not too far off.

• Am I the only one confused about whatever might be DAZ's reasoning of releases?! Why offer a discount on Michael 7 if he's still months away?!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,225

I think it's called incentive to buy.  :)

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited August 2015

Am I the only one confused about whatever might be DAZ's reasoning of releases?! Why offer a discount on Michael 7 if he's still months away?!

They wouldn't. I'm giving G3M/M7 six weeks on the high side. On the near end, we're talking about next week Tuesday through to the following Monday. No later than the first week of October.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on

I'm hoping it's next week.

inquire said:

You wouldn't be the only one. I have characters to make for him, and the sooner he's up, the sooner I can get started.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    inquire said:

You wouldn't be the only one. I have characters to make for him, and the sooner he's up, the sooner I can get started.

I would genuinely be astonished if it's next week -- though I've been astonished for nearly six solid weeks by their release schedule, so there's that. However, Daz has traditionally not done a major release during the PA month sale, to keep from stomping on the vendor sales. The only Daz-Originals you normally see during the month are Platinum Club releases, which are smaller products than G3M/Michael 7 would be.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Probably the rollout for opening the PC Anniversary sale then. Have suspected that all along.

In fact, probably at the end of next month, like, say, the last week, during the catch-up sale. Something to reel in the monthly coupons, the ones that aren't good on PAS items. 

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

On the flip side, it'd be awesome if they released G3M just before the PA sale, and then the PA sale had a bunch of artists with new G3M items in it. wink

The downside is that they might be a little wary of folks spending their money on Michael 7 instead of PA items, but given the up-front discounts they're offering, that might offset that.  (E.g. it's only $34/47/67 out of customer's budgets instead of $66/95...and then folks will want to buy more items to outfit their Michaels.)

It's not like we're going to have to wait very long to find out, though. smiley

--  Morgan

If I were DAZ, I'd do two releases: G3M on the day the PA sale starts (and thus adding G3M's stuff to the mix), and M7 right after the catchup. Mind you, that's what I'd do, and DAZ doesn't always do what I'd consider smart.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Yeah, I seem to recall that G3F only turned up in people's downloads like the day before V7 was officially released. Or maybe just a matter of hours before. I can't really see them turning the base loose 3+ weeks before the official M7 figure.

But, I've been wrong before.