V7 to V6?

myutogarumyutogaru Posts: 60
edited August 2015 in The Commons

I'm just wondering if there is any "cross-compatibility" with the V6 and V7 models. I have hair and outfits I'd like to use that I got with V7 on V6... have they implimented an auto-fit feature for these models yet? Do you think they ever will? Also, any morphs for V7 yet? I dont like how we can't change her face at all, It takes away the creative freedom that should be included when purchasing pro bundles. Thanks!

Post edited by myutogaru on

Comments

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

There's a G3F Head and Body morph bundle that works very well, but you'll have to make a G3F clone for G2F before you can send the clothing backwards. There's a thread around here someplace that outlines the procedure for that.

As for G2F to G3F, G3F has a clone that works pretty well for most things.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,793

G3F hair seems to autofit to G2F pretty well if you just autofit it based on the "Not Supported" figure - at least it has done for the ones I've tried. 

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited August 2015

Better, there's not a clone tool in the Store made by Valzenheimer. Given the harrowing DAZ gives incoming products, I'd say that should end any questions of backward compatibility of hair, clothes, and shoes.

I still don't forsee anyone managing a simple tool for skins (and expressions are right out), but given the products over the last three days, nearly everything else works.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • Well it is way harder to do skin they don't have the same UV sets so the seams are in a different place even if you did manage to match the UV there would be distortion so I would say not many wouldn't touch it way too hard!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405

There's a G3F Head and Body morph bundle that works very well, but you'll have to make a G3F clone for G2F before you can send the clothing backwards. There's a thread around here someplace that outlines the procedure for that.

As for G2F to G3F, G3F has a clone that works pretty well for most things.

Were you talking about this product? http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-for-genesis-2-female-s It does have a G3F clone for G2F. It isn't clear from the product description if the shape is only one morph, or separate head and body morphs; has anyone else bought it yet? I'd like to know before I spend the money on it. I really like to be able to mix and match heads and bodies.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,800
    riftwitch said:

Were you talking about this product? http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-for-genesis-2-female-s It does have a G3F clone for G2F. It isn't clear from the product description if the shape is only one morph, or separate head and body morphs; has anyone else bought it yet? I'd like to know before I spend the money on it. I really like to be able to mix and match heads and bodies.

It's a single full body morph.  However, there are plenty of ways to change G3F's head shape.  Just don't look for mods specifically for V7.  She's only a morph of G3F and it's pretty clear that most of the vendors have learned from G2F to make everything for the base rather than the individual DAZ "figures".   

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    riftwitch said:

It's a single full body morph.  However, there are plenty of ways to change G3F's head shape.  Just don't look for mods specifically for V7.  She's only a morph of G3F and it's pretty clear that most of the vendors have learned from G2F to make everything for the base rather than the individual DAZ "figures".   

I may still get it for the clone, then. Once Generation X gets updated to support Genesis 3, I can always transfer the head and body morphs.

• Thanks guys!