[Solved] 3-in-1 Low Ponytail issue

shg0816_13461e8196shg0816_13461e8196 Posts: 297
edited December 2022 in The Commons

I recently bought the 3-in-1 Low Ponytail from Out of Touch (3-in-1 Low Ponytails Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D); however, when I do a quick render, there is a band across the top of the hair, where it looks like it is missing transmaps or something similar. I have tried applying other vendors' hair materials and get the same result.

I have opened a ticket, but based on a different thread, sounds like support may not be responding any time soon.  Does anyone have any workarounds for this?

Capture.JPG
387 x 303 - 22K
Post edited by shg0816_13461e8196 on

Comments

• shg0816_13461e8196 said:

I recently bought the 3-in-1 Low Ponytail from Out of Touch (3-in-1 Low Ponytails Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D); however, when I do a quick render, there is a band across the top of the hair, where it looks like it is missing transmaps or something similar. I have tried applying other vendors' hair materials and get the same result.

I have opened a ticket, but based on a different thread, sounds like support may not be responding any time soon.  Does anyone have any workarounds for this?

Additionally, if I go to edit the surfaces, and hid the cap, the issue is fine, so something with the hair cap is causing the issue 

• So I found a workaround. Chang the opacity of the cap to .50, then have the other opacities set to 1.

However, the main issue is that I should not need to do this, straight out of the box.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209
    edited December 2022

I'm not getting that error, but I'm getting a weirdly wide front part on all three of the ponytails. 

edit: OK, mine was just the shape of Alessandra's head, I guess, because I'm not seeing the weird part (or the band across the side) on V8.

3-in-1 Low Ponytail Curly.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Have you tried an actual render?

I dob't see it.

Hair3_in_1_00.png
    1300 x 731 - 2M
    Hair3_in_1_01.png
    1300 x 731 - 1M
  • Okay, then it's just in the preview window. It didn't show up on a spot render

• I think it's normal to see that stripe there I've noticed it on other outoftouch products. It disappears in the Iray preview and the final render.