Not Closing my account.

MjvolMjvol Posts: 93
edited September 2015 in The Commons

I would like to close my account, because my graphics card will not work for the program.. So I have a account now that I cannot close, there is no sense in having a account anymore.. Is it possible.

​Just to let everyone know I am not closing my account, Fixed problem, and thanks to those who gave me input on the subject.

Mjvol

Post edited by Mjvol on

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Assuming you are talking about iray? It uses the cpu as well, so you dont -have- to have a fancy graphics card (though it will be faster).  You can also use 3delight still.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

If you really do want to close your account, contact customer support.  Use the "help/contact us/Submit a Help Request" options at the top of the screen.  But Sorel is correct -- you can still use 3Delight or Iray on your CPU.

• MjvolMjvol Posts: 93
    edited August 2015
    Sorel said:

Assuming you are talking about iray? It uses the cpu as well, so you dont -have- to have a fancy graphics card (though it will be faster).  You can also use 3delight still.

mjvol said:

I would like to close my account, because my graphics card will not work for the program.. So I have a account now that I cannot close, there is no sense in having a account anymore.. Is it possible.

Thanks to the the both of you for advice, I will look into that, I am a little confused about all this.. But thank you Karibou and Sorel

Edited to fix quotes

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited August 2015

3Delight is also available under Studio 4.8. If you click the Render Settings tab, you can switch back.

The problem with closing your account is that you'll also lose your purchase history, and that would hurt if you ever got an upgrade.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
    edited August 2015
    mjvol said:
    Sorel said:

mjvol said:

Thanks to the the both of you for advice, I will look into that, I am a little confused about all this.. But thank you Karibou and Sorel

Just to let you know I download the free one they were advertising.. It was the Daz3D 4.8 pro so , like I said little confused, but I will figure something out..

Edited to fix quotes

Post edited by Mjvol on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

If you like learning and CGI then don't let a little thing like a Graphics Card stop you. :)

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2015

LuxRender doesn't require any graphics card either, it can give you photo-realistic renders. All you need is CPU, system RAM and some relatively inexpensive  (~$20 - $30 US) software plugin to get to Studio to export to the LuxRender engine.

http://www.daz3d.com/luxus

http://www.daz3d.com/reality-4-daz-studio-edition

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index

Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited October 2015

Thanks for the encouragement, and the poetry from StratDragon..

Post edited by Mjvol on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    mjvol said:

Thanks for the encouragement, and the poetry from StratDragon..

I find it to be true even 2,400 years after it was written but I discovered it in a book from Chuck Palahniuk who wrote Fight Club.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,786

It's a bad idea to close your account, then you can't download the stuff you have purchased again if you should lose it.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866
    mjvol said:

... so often I read something and it either don;t make sence or I understand wrong.. That just a little part of my disablility I also am physically disabled , mind you at least I can still walk for now. And that is why I tried this because I am getting bored and also like this type of stuff. But that being said you don't have to waste anymore time on me, if I cannot close the account , at least I will keep it to look at everyone elses work.. And will be content with that.. I do enjoy also looking at other creations. So you all have beee very nice. and by the look at some of your work , I am very impressed.. So you all keep up the great work..

It is certainly NOT a waste of time. You want to know something, even the basics, you ask and we'll be more than happy to help you. It doesn't matter how many times it needs to be re-explained, or explained in a way you can "get it"- my heavens, people have to tell me over and over again how to do the basics. They're very patient! Do you want to try Iray or are you doing 3DL (the basic renderer that came before iray?)

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

My graphics card is supposed to be able to handle Iray but it never does, it defaults to CPU..  oh well, just takes a bit longer.  And of course 3Delight works just great and there a lot more things available that are already set up to look good in 3Delight.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436

mjvol said he/she downloaded Daz3D 4.6 pro, which doesn't include Iray, so discussions of Iray here may cause additional confusion.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

When and where did you download DAZ Studio?

Right at the home page for das3d.com , Just 4 day ago I think. Fixmypcmike

Ok Novica, do I download 3delight at a different site.. This is the site that I downloaded it.http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php

I do have that one downloaded on my computer, I am going to have to read up on it, to learn how to use it. It was free.

3delight pro free download.. So is that the one everyone is talking about.

Thank

Mjvol

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    mjvol said:

Ok Novica, do I download 3delight at a different site.. This is the site that I downloaded it.http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php

I do have that one downloaded on my computer, I am going to have to read up on it, to learn how to use it. It was free.

3delight pro free download.. So is that the one everyone is talking about.

Thank

Mjvol

no 3delight comes with Daz Studio .

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,002

mjvol, you can download the new, free version 4.8 as an update here in your account. It also includes extra free stuff, plus the new Genesis 3 Female. And it alo has Iray (which has us all in a new learning curve, going bald from tearing out hairs etc. :-))

About learning DS, since you are still using 4.6, I suggest you start out with the videos here: http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials/

I especially recommend the "Start to Finish Tutorial" at the bottom of the page. When I started out with DS, it helped me a lot. That is, if videos are for you.

And from my experience, as a newbie in DS (because that's how it feels, even after 2 years of learning), just don't let the obstacles discourage you. Tackle one problem at a time. Participate in the contests here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/new-user-contests-and-events

Not for winning, but because they will teach you a lot of things, and you can experiment with a specific goal. Personally, I have found this very helpful, because "wandering around aimlessly" can be discouraging, but most of all very frustrating.

But you will find that, once you have developed an understanding of some of the basic concepts, you will start making visible progress.

Below, I have attached two images. The one of the guy sitting is my first "work", completed with tons of help from the nice people here and in another forum. It took me almost a month to put it together, and I had to buy a new PC for rendering after frying my laptop during those first renders. I don't remember how often I was so frustrated that I just wanted to throw everything away, not to mention the decision of "invest in a new PC or not". In the end, I made the jump, because my less-reasonable-part kept telling me "This is wwhat you always wanted to do!".

The other one is a recent work (done with the Iray render engine), which are two characters from the Graphic novel I am working on. When I completed that test render, I felt that I'm finally have a tool in hand to do what I like to do, rather than having a stone around my neck that keeps me down. Yes, I still have a long way to go before that's anywhere near good, but my un-reasonable-part was right. This is what I love to do. :-)

BreakToo.png
    1200 x 675 - 912K
    jpgSethLiamDuonBeachCloseup.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 333K
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    mjvol said:
    mjvol said:
    Sorel said:

mjvol said:

Just to let you know I download the free one they were advertising.. It was the Daz3D 4.6 pro so , like I said little confused, but I will figure something out..

Edited to fix quotes

you can also download daz4.8. I have 4.8 right now and do my renders in 3d-light not in iray

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

Visit my gallery and have a look, all images are rendered in 3d-light option and my machine is 6 years old. Rendertimes most of the time around 30 minutes or less.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/220/samples-of-my-renders-by-cosmo#latest

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,033

Also, when you are starting off, if you are worried about spending money on something that might not work out for you, then check out ShareCG... There are tons of things that will work in DAZ Studio. Everything at ShareCG is free and even though it requires you to register at the site, that is free to as well as safe. There are sections for DAZ Studio and Poser... In case you are not aware yet, DAZ Studio can also use most Poser content.

There is also a free section here at DAZ which contains many links to members free works/projects/stuff...

Be warned, if you end up enjoying this stuff, it can be an addictive hobby... You could end up becoming what is known as a "Dazaholic"... staying up late tweaking shaders or lights in the wee hours of the night... Or shakily awaiting the next big sale or FastGrab... That last one is a rotating sale with big discounts, not something dirty, which it sounds like.

Starting out can be frustrating at first, sometimes there an be a lack of obvious instructions or manuals on how to do stuff, or get the results others seem to be getting... I think it is slowly getting better, but the great thing is you usually can get the answer to your question right here on these forums.

Good luck!

lee_lhs said:

mjvol, you can download the new, free version 4.8 as an update here in your account. It also includes extra free stuff, plus the new Genesis 3 Female. And it alo has Iray (which has us all in a new learning curve, going bald from tearing out hairs etc. :-))

About learning DS, since you are still using 4.6, I suggest you start out with the videos here: http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials/

I especially recommend the "Start to Finish Tutorial" at the bottom of the page. When I started out with DS, it helped me a lot. That is, if videos are for you.

And from my experience, as a newbie in DS (because that's how it feels, even after 2 years of learning), just don't let the obstacles discourage you. Tackle one problem at a time. Participate in the contests here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/new-user-contests-and-events

Not for winning, but because they will teach you a lot of things, and you can experiment with a specific goal. Personally, I have found this very helpful, because "wandering around aimlessly" can be discouraging, but most of all very frustrating.

But you will find that, once you have developed an understanding of some of the basic concepts, you will start making visible progress.

Below, I have attached two images. The one of the guy sitting is my first "work", completed with tons of help from the nice people here and in another forum. It took me almost a month to put it together, and I had to buy a new PC for rendering after frying my laptop during those first renders. I don't remember how often I was so frustrated that I just wanted to throw everything away, not to mention the decision of "invest in a new PC or not". In the end, I made the jump, because my less-reasonable-part kept telling me "This is wwhat you always wanted to do!".

The other one is a recent work (done with the Iray render engine), which are two characters from the Graphic novel I am working on. When I completed that test render, I felt that I'm finally have a tool in hand to do what I like to do, rather than having a stone around my neck that keeps me down. Yes, I still have a long way to go before that's anywhere near good, but my un-reasonable-part was right. This is what I love to do. :-)

One of those are your first job wow.. Both are excellent work..

McGyver said:

Also, when you are starting off, if you are worried about spending money on something that might not work out for you, then check out ShareCG... There are tons of things that will work in DAZ Studio. Everything at ShareCG is free and even though it requires you to register at the site, that is free to as well as safe. There are sections for DAZ Studio and Poser... In case you are not aware yet, DAZ Studio can also use most Poser content.

There is also a free section here at DAZ which contains many links to members free works/projects/stuff...

Be warned, if you end up enjoying this stuff, it can be an addictive hobby... You could end up becoming what is known as a "Dazaholic"... staying up late tweaking shaders or lights in the wee hours of the night... Or shakily awaiting the next big sale or FastGrab... That last one is a rotating sale with big discounts, not something dirty, which it sounds like.

Starting out can be frustrating at first, sometimes there an be a lack of obvious instructions or manuals on how to do stuff, or get the results others seem to be getting... I think it is slowly getting better, but the great thing is you usually can get the answer to your question right here on these forums.

Good luck!

Thank you for the info and your comment

Mjvol

• Keep at it! We all started somewhere, and some of the guys on the forums have a superhuman level of patience for teaching. When I moved from Poser to Daz Studio, I had to relearn just about everything, and thanks to their help I was able to start making art I could be happy with. I'm far from a professional, but I'm sure I can help you with the basics if you ever wanted to get started.

The first step to learning is to give it a try.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,602
    edited August 2015

Be sure when you install DS that you install all the Starter essentials packs. Those are all the base figures that everything is built off of. You should be looking for Genesis Starter Essentials Male/Female, Genesis 2 Starter Essentials Male/Female, Genesis 3 Starter Essentials Female. If you install with DIM all the files will be there for you and you won't have to search your product library for them.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    barbult said:

mjvol said he/she downloaded Daz3D 4.6 pro, which doesn't include Iray, so discussions of Iray here may cause additional confusion.

No I made a mistake on the that, it was 4.8 the free one.. It won't load because my graphic card is mobile intel 965 opengl is 1.1 and the program takes 1.3 opengl , and it told me to upgrade drivers, or card, well the driver cannot be upgrade they are up to date..

Thank you

Mjvol

cosmo71 said:
    mjvol said:
    mjvol said:
    Sorel said:

mjvol said:

Just to let you know I download the free one they were advertising.. It was the Daz3D 4.6 pro so , like I said little confused, but I will figure something out..

Edited to fix quotes

you can also download daz4.8. I have 4.8 right now and do my renders in 3d-light not in iray

Yes I do have 4.8 and it won't work, because of the grafic card , when i said 4.6 that was a mistake, it was 4.8. Anyway thats the problem I am having is the opengl is 1.1 on my card and it requires 1.3 and I cannot update anymore for drivers , because it says it up to date.. I went to intel site and downloaded the program that searches to update driver in the computer that are intel and it said all good or none needed to be updated.

So I am at a road block right now anyway..

Thank you

Mjvol

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Just to let you know, I looked it up on Intel's site and your card should be able to handle much higher levels of OpenGL than you are able to right now.

The issue is that Microsoft's default driver for that video card only supports the bare minimum OpenGL, but if you upgrade it by finding the latest driver for your card on Intel's site you should be able to run it just fine (and get a speed up in anything else that is graphic intensive)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,602
    edited August 2015

Never download your video driver from Windows update. Always go to the manufactures website to get the current ones.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    cosmo71 said:

Visit my gallery and have a look, all images are rendered in 3d-light option and my machine is 6 years old. Rendertimes most of the time around 30 minutes or less.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/220/samples-of-my-renders-by-cosmo#latest

I looked at some of your work, pretty good.. look realistic..  Execellent work, keep it up..

Mjvol