New G2 to G3 animation conversion tool

Has anyone purchased and tried out this new tool?  I'm interested in it and would like to know if it works as advertised.  I ask because I bought the tool for converting G2 poses to G3 and found it is about 90% correct - which means every converted pose needs a bit of manual tweaking to get it right.  I would recommend that tool as it's much better than just loosing all those G2 poses.  I'm not sure I would be up for manually tweaking all the converted animations though.

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Bought but not had a need to use yet; I suspect tweaking at times as I too have had to tweak poses with the pose conversion tool.

• tring01tring01 Posts: 305

I went ahead and bought it.

As with most all Daz3d products, there is no documentation provided.  The developer does put warning messages in the script that more or less guide you through the process.  Here's how it works:

- Load Gen 2 base figure without any morphs, clothes, hair, props, etc.
    - Load Gen 3 base figure without any morphs, clothes, hair, props, ect.
    - Apply the stock aniBlock to the Gen 2 base figure
    - Find the conversion script in the Content tab under Daz3D format>My Daz 3D>Scripts
    - Launch the conversion and click go

The script goes through the animation pose by pose and loads it from the G2 to G3 figure.  You will see it working in the preview frame.  Once completed you can turn off the Gen 2 figure in the scene.  You have to save the new aniBlock for the G3 figure if you want to use it later.  Once saved off you can then apply the aniBlock to G3 figures with all your morphs and such, though I didn't get that far yet myself.  I had a problem because I deleted the Gen 2 figure before I saved the aniBlock from the Gen 3 track and the Gen 3 "lost" the converted animation.  Weird.  Still have to play with that final step a bit.

It seems to work as advertized.  Works pretty well.

By the way, I think I understand why the pose coverter script we discussed only worked "90%".  You need to do these conversions to the base Gen 3 figure, save them, and then apply them to your morphed figure.  Otherwise they can be a bit wonky.

Hope this helps!

• warp 3dwarp 3d Posts: 1
    edited September 2015

Thank you for your help thanks to you I managed, but I do not arive àt roved the new location for the G3 face aniBlock
    or how to save?

http://s27.postimg.org/4ki0wxmgz/Desktop_29_09_2015_16_30_47_610.png   ; G3 face

http://s3.postimg.org/ivajman6b/Desktop_29_09_2015_16_55_52_789.png      ; G2 face

Post edited by warp 3d on
  • Just get error not a genisis 3 female selected. The charactors are G3 male.  Original aniblock works fine on the G2 but the script appears useless for male figures.