Looped Braids?

GhatanothoaGhatanothoa Posts: 59
edited January 2023 in Product Suggestions

Does anyone know if there's a looped braids hairstyle with bowknots for Daz Studio? The hairstyle was pretty common for little/young girls during the 1940s. It should be for G3F or G8F. I cannot find such a hairstyle anywhere. If somebody knows, please tell me. And if not, maybe someone can make such a hairstyle? If you want to know what kind of hairstyle I mean, here is a link to an example image: 

Looped Braids

Post edited by Ghatanothoa on

Comments

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2023

This product has rigged bones for its tails:
    https://www.daz3d.com/marigold-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-female-s

They could be possibly dragged into place.  But I really don't know if they have enough bones or long enough to make a decent looking loop.  On second thought, they look long enough, so maybe it might work.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • GhatanothoaGhatanothoa Posts: 59
    edited January 2023

Seven193 said:

This product has rigged bones for its tails:
    https://www.daz3d.com/marigold-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-female-s

They could be possibly dragged into place.  But I really don't know if they have enough bones or long enough to make a decent looking loop.  On second thought, they look long enough, so maybe it might work.

I own that hair. How can I do that? I guess you mean by using the universal tool for posing? Okay. But I would also need a prop that visibly holds the braids up, something like a ribbon or a bowknot.

Post edited by Ghatanothoa on
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2023

I don't what other people use, but I use the ActivePose tool (bone icon).  Anything rigged with bones can be dragged with it.

For hair bows, you could borrow it from another Daz product.  It might be easier to find something on Google than searching through the Daz shop. Bows are simple props, so I wouldn't be afraid to take it into Blender or wherever and bend it the way you want.

Post edited by Seven193 on