Clothes with (un)dress and dropped morphs

Hi,

Are there any clothing items out there that could be used for a scene that features a genesis figure (un)dressing him- or herself?

What about clothes with a "dropped" morph, so you can put them on the floor?

Thanks a lot,

Me

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

Sometimes I see that on Renderosity. Not super common here however. Someone will probably have a list ready for you though. I had to leave this store a while back to find a pair of pants that did that.

Now I just make my own morphs or clothes so I can do this more easily. Depending on products that have these morphs is very limiting options wise.

Good luck on the hunt.

• there's a few here out of touch makes them for gen 2 and 3, couple of other creators here are Hongyu and the3dwizard and there's a bra pantie set bundle for gen2 the alphakini bundle (also seperate sets but bundle best) from Aeon Soul.

Anyway here's some of the Genesis ones with undress morphs - 

Hongyus Bikini for V5
    http://www.daz3d.com/hongyus-bikini-for-v5

Hongyu's Cowgirl 3 for V5
    http://www.daz3d.com/hongyu-s-cowgirl-3-for-v5

Shirt for V5
    http://www.daz3d.com/shirt-for-v5

JeanZ for Genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/jeanz-for-genesis

JeanZ Skirt for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)
    http://www.daz3d.com/jeanz-skirt-for-genesis

• bsettbsett Posts: 74

Seems that most of the morphs are just to expose something or a partial undress. I’d like to have some clothes that were just heaped on the floor to remind me of home Smile.

I know you can unparent the item, try to scale it flat and move to the floor but in never seems to look quit right for me. 

there are some tools to do that, but haven't seen many products if any that do that. if you take a piece of dynamic cloth and let it drop to the floor that would do it.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Blackfeather has a couple of items over on ShareCG that are expansion packs to existing clothing items.

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=blackfeather1973

• Slosh has something called Simply Casual Boxers and Shirts for Genesis 2 Male(s) which has some crumpled clothes morphs.

• bsettbsett Posts: 74

there are some tools to do that, but haven't seen many products if any that do that. if you take a piece of dynamic cloth and let it drop to the floor that would do it.

Thanks for the tip on the dynamic cloth. When you do that is it still recognizable as the garment piece you are trying mimic? Can you just copy the whole texture over to the dynamic cloth?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Dynamic tend to give the best results for clothes left lieing around; the messy bedroom or some more adult theme, although Blackfeather has a couple of good ones.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I have had very postive results using MFD and Make A Mess.

Load MFD. then load another clothing item and fit it to the MFD. Use the Make a Mess morphs on it to fold it etc as you want, then make MFD invisible.

The only real problems I've encountered so far is that Make a Mess is designed for some very specific furniture, and unless you're using that (or similar enough models), it can be very hard to get the clothes to lay right and not look like part of it is floating....and it seems very tempramental with tweeking it, like trying to move a sleeve a little has it shoot off across the screen.

But like I said..promising.

fold test.png
    1200 x 776 - 777K
    fold test1.png
    1200 x 847 - 1015K
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 904

Sickleyield puts this in some of her clothing sets. It's one reason she is one of my favorite vendors, she goes out of her way to make useful morphs on her products.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

Fit Control adds morphs that get you pretty close to where you want to be.

Another trick is to make a geometry shell of the clothing, copy all the surfaces from the clothing to the geometry shell, then make the original clothing invisible. The geometry shell has a lot more movement possibilities.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Another example http://www.daz3d.com/knit-gear

edited August 2015
    bsett said:

Thanks for the tip on the dynamic cloth. When you do that is it still recognizable as the garment piece you are trying mimic? Can you just copy the whole texture over to the dynamic cloth?

if it is a good piece of clothing yes. Some dynamic clothes are just sheets stiched together so they have no detail without texture. In that case, if the textures are good, it still works.

If the clothing has piping, hems, collars, pockets and stuff then even a simple color shows up nicely when dropped on the ground.

Here is a quick example of an undetailed clothing item. gonna see if i have a detailed piece handy.

cloth.jpg
    720 x 480 - 275K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on

another example with a bit of ruffles and piping to help show the shape better. prolly bad choice of materials but I didn't want to spend time on it :)

cloth 2.jpg
    720 x 480 - 290K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,914

Very realistic looking!

edited August 2015

Very realistic looking!

cept they are intimates with overlystrong bump making them not so soft looking...but I think it gets the point across lol.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,914

Some intimates aren't very comfortable, so... ;)

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited August 2015

I'm surprised no one has mention OutOfTouch's DAZ catalog yet:

http://www.daz3d.com/hot-touch-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/ruffle-lingerie-for-genesis-3-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/firestorm-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/button-up-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

edit: I'm not sure if this would work, but you could try using Wrinkle3D to simulate a dropped morph.

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • Sometimes I see that on Renderosity. Not super common here however. Someone will probably have a list ready for you though. I had to leave this store a while back to find a pair of pants that did that.

Now I just make my own morphs or clothes so I can do this more easily. Depending on products that have these morphs is very limiting options wise.

Good luck on the hunt.

I've morphed clothes before in sculptris and been very happy with how they look. However unlike say a genisis figure I can never load the morph back in to the item of clothing. The best I can do is export the clothing as a static .obj prop and use shaders to texture.  Am I doing something wrong here or is that just a limitation if you aren't making your own stuff?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I've morphed clothes before in sculptris and been very happy with how they look. However unlike say a genisis figure I can never load the morph back in to the item of clothing. The best I can do is export the clothing as a static .obj prop and use shaders to texture.  Am I doing something wrong here or is that just a limitation if you aren't making your own stuff?

Just like Genesis, you need to make sure that the original export is at Base Resolution and that you add no new vertices (can't remember the exact Sculptris steps to do that), otherwise MorphLoader will fail.

As for making 'dropped' morphs, depending on the item, a cloth sim or a softbody sim in Blender can be quite useful...

• mjc1016 said:

Just like Genesis, you need to make sure that the original export is at Base Resolution and that you add no new vertices (can't remember the exact Sculptris steps to do that), otherwise MorphLoader will fail.

As for making 'dropped' morphs, depending on the item, a cloth sim or a softbody sim in Blender can be quite useful...

I think thats what I'm doing but I'll give it another go tonight.

On a similar note do you find some models just don't accept morphs. For example I morphed several faces for Predatron's Goblin for my own use. I exported at base resolution and added no vertices but could not get the morphs to load which was disappointing, I got the same message I get with some clothes essentially that the vertices hadn't' changed so their was nothing to load even though I'd morphed them a fair bit.

I hope I crack this because I have been very pleasantly suprised with the results I'm getting in sculptris and would love to add my own custom morphs to clothes.

i have used sculptris a bit for that too, but it's got some quirks so ultimately not how I go about it. From my experience it's kinda hit or miss with whether sculptris likes your geometry (the products you import). Not sure all Daz content used the best practices sculptris expected.

I think scuptris likes to "fix" models without telling you. I know the whole base resolution thing and making sure you are not adding more geometry in sculptris. But even when I'm good about that stuff, I had similar issues. Got to a point I stopped using it.

• So your advice is use someting other than sculptris?

edited August 2015

Well, if it works for you go have at it. If you are having issues, may not be worth fighting over since it is not supported or developed any more.

There are people that still use it(and make awesome stuff). I find it works fine if I start using the sculptris primitive. And maybe half of the stuff I import. Problem is the other half give me issues. Too risky for me.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Sometimes I see that on Renderosity. Not super common here however. Someone will probably have a list ready for you though. I had to leave this store a while back to find a pair of pants that did that.

Good luck on the hunt.

Adding to what mjc1016 said: You have to make sure the detail level is set to zero. Otherwise, you'll add polys to the object and the morph loader won't accept it.

• mtl1 said:

Adding to what mjc1016 said: You have to make sure the detail level is set to zero. Otherwise, you'll add polys to the object and the morph loader won't accept it.

Yep I do this, some figures just don't take morphs from Sculptris I guess.

• I stumbled on this thread and just thought I would leave an idea. If your just looking to make clothes look like they have been dropped on the floor, you could export the asset, then import into blender, throw it through the cloth sim and let it do it's thing, then re-import the results back into Daz.