Question about Saddles

zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,668
edited August 2015 in The Commons

Does anyone know if the Western Saddle can be fitted to the Hivewire Horse? I'm willing to parent/translate/scale it to get it to work, but if the two horses are too differently shaped in the body, I won't bother. And before someone suggests it, yes I could just buy the Classic Tack for the Hivewire Horse, but #1 it's too fancy looking for the image I have in mind, and #2 the Western saddle is cheaper. 

So, Western Saddle, can it be used on the Hivewire Horse with relative ease? Thanks.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,959
    edited August 2015

It can be done but you have to becareful of what poses you use cause even parented it doesn't move with the Hivewire Horse as well .......

HW Horse western saddle.png
    991 x 875 - 455K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • carrie58 said:

It can be done but you have to becareful of what poses you use cause even parented it doesn't move with the Hivewire Horse as well .......

Ah rats. All right, thanks.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,665

Smoothing modifier and collision might fix that, i use it all the time on small items that are made for other figures or not rigged.

Unfortunately the saddle is rigged as a figure ,I had to scale ,translate, parent,unparent rescale,translate ........personally the Hivewire saddle is a good buy and you can make it less fancy by removing the textures and just color it with shaders or diffused colors ........another plus is the reins pose sooooo much better then any other horse tack I've ever used!!

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,668
    edited August 2015
    carrie58 said:

Unfortunately the saddle is rigged as a figure ,I had to scale ,translate, parent,unparent rescale,translate ........personally the Hivewire saddle is a good buy and you can make it less fancy by removing the textures and just color it with shaders or diffused colors ........another plus is the reins pose sooooo much better then any other horse tack I've ever used!!

Thanks for the example render, that really helps. :) And it's good to hear that the reins pose well on the classic tack. I might just wind up getting that.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,270

Does anyone know if the Western Saddle can be fitted to the Hivewire Horse? I'm willing to parent/translate/scale it to get it to work, but if the two horses are too differently shaped in the body, I won't bother. And before someone suggests it, yes I could just buy the Classic Tack for the Hivewire Horse, but #1 it's too fancy looking for the image I have in mind, and #2 the Western saddle is cheaper. 

So, Western Saddle, can it be used on the Hivewire Horse with relative ease? Thanks.

Someone over on Hivewire has a tutorial for fitting MilHorse stuff to the Hivewire horse. It can be done, but like said there is probably posing limitation. 

I've had not too bad results bullying Daio's Native Costume to the Hivewire horse. But it's not exactly the same kind of western.

Don't know if this helps at all but the Hivewire Classic Saddle is on sale today only ,sooooo if you still are on the fence ,you might want to get it now!!