My Daz account has been severely broken for two months (it has now been fixed by Daz)

peteranderssonpeterandersson Posts: 16
edited February 2023 in The Commons

TL;DR: I’ve lost access to tons of my purchased items on the Daz store. DIM can’t fetch any products automatically, only by using links from the store. DazCentral can’t be used to download anything. Daz Support is not responding.

On December 7th last year I asked for a partial refund on an order. The refund was processed on the 8th. This is when something went wrong with my account. I first noticed that nothing was showing up in the downloads tab in DIM. Next I saw that products that I own were showing up in the store again with a green purchase button. Those products had disappeared from my Daz store library and trying to access them from the order page just results in the store showing a gray loading icon. These are seemingly random products from random orders from anywhere in my order history. The products I still have access to (and from new orders) I can only download manually from the store or with the DIM links.

I opened a ticket with tech support on the same day explaining my issue. I got a response quite quickly and I gave them the information they wanted. On December 14th I asked if there had been any progress on fixing my account, not having gotten any response after my last message to them on December 9th.

I waited a few days with no response, so on December 20th I decided to start a new ticket. This time to sales support. They were quite quick with their initial response as well and they also told me there was another customer with a similar problem. I again gave them all the information they asked for. I was told it may take longer to resolve than normal because of the holiday season.

On January 2nd I asked if I could expect an update on the issue that week. Four days later I got a response that they had “reached out for an update” (to the daz devs I assume) and that they would let me know when they hear back. In the meantime I was also offered to get a few of my orders refreshed so I could access some of my lost items.

On January 12th that ticket was tagged as solved and I was told to use my previous ticket with tech support from now on. That ticket had still not gotten a response since December 9th. On January 16th I asked for an update again, and after another 8 days with no response I again asked for an update on January 24th, but this time on the sales support ticket. That was another 8 days ago today, and I’ve had no response there either.

So now I am posting here hoping someone will escalate this issue, because not having access to what seems to be hundreds of purchased items for this long is not acceptable. I started my Daz account in mid July last year. A couple of days ago I checked my orders for just that month, and I had lost access to around 50 items, with a purchase value of about $400. Those are just a small amount of my full library.

Post edited by peterandersson on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

Unfortunately, in here you can reach only fellow users and we can't help.

• Did you submit a ticket to Sales of Tech support? You said Tech support in your message and Tech support is notoriously slow on the verge of being not existent, Sales support is a bit better.

From reading your post I would say this is an issue that should be solved by Sales support as it went wrong there.  I would submit a ticket to sales support explaining the situation.

Something similar happened to me in the past and got resolved, but it felt quite horrible and frustrating. I hope someone helps you soon, this is simply an unacceptable level of customer service.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,344

BlueFingers said:

Did you submit a ticket to Sales of Tech support?

The post says tickets were submitted to both.

(However, I will admit that I've discussed this with the OP previously on Discord, so I've heard the tale before).

• I should have read it better.

Man, this is pretty bad. However, I do have to say Daz has always been fair when resolving these type of issues, terriblly slow but fair. But the time this takes OP to get this resolved is unacceptabe.

This is why I don't buy stuff I am not sure about, the refund sounds great, but when it goes wrong it can go horribly wrong,.. for a long time.

• BlueFingers said:

Did you submit a ticket to Sales of Tech support? You said Tech support in your message and Tech support is notoriously slow on the verge of being not existent, Sales support is a bit better.

From reading your post I would say this is an issue that should be solved by Sales support as it went wrong there.  I would submit a ticket to sales support explaining the situation.

Something similar happened to me in the past and got resolved, but it felt quite horrible and frustrating. I hope someone helps you soon, this is simply an unacceptable level of customer service.

Yeah, I write in my post that I opened a second ticket to sales as well when the first one seemed to have been abandoned. At first it did seem like my account would get fixed soon-ish, because they had informed the devs of my issues. But now I am not getting any response from sales either.

• BlueFingers said:

I should have read it better.

Man, this is pretty bad. However, I do have to say Daz has always been fair when resolving these type of issues, terriblly slow but fair. But the time this takes OP to get this resolved is unacceptabe.

This is why I don't buy stuff I am not sure about, the refund sounds great, but when it goes wrong it can go horribly wrong,.. for a long time.

Haha, yeah It sure has made me anxious to ever ask for a refund again. Not really important for the issue itself but the product in question was Easier Pose Creation 1 for Genesis 9. I bought it on release day, and on the very next day they released a bundle with it included and two more. I just wanted the refund so I could get the bundle instead, because it was a better deal.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

My problem is not serious, like yours, but I submitted a Tech Support help request over a month ago, and I have had no human response from Daz at all. I don't know if there are glitches in the system that are losing tickets or if they are just so backlogged it takes months to respond. Either way, it makes customer support seem nonexistent. I don't know how to get any attention on the problem.

• I'm waiting since November 25th with a Tech ticket, the only response I got was a question that was already answered in my original ticket. But there are people out there that are waiting even longer I bet.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

BlueFingers said:

I'm waiting since November 25th with a Tech ticket, the only response I got was a question that was already answered in my original ticket. But there are people out there that are waiting even longer I bet.

I have open tech tickets that are several years old, but only this one that has absolutely no response at all. Most tech reports get sent to the "bug tracker", never to be heard from again. Occasionally something gets fixed. I just got an update to a metadata problem that I reported over a year ago. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

DAZ 3D should add a service, for save like $200 plus the cost of the physical media & shipping, where they copy your DAZ "My Library" to physical media & send it too you after you prove ownership of your account, for customers with bad ISPs and the usual run of the mill problems.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

I changed my email and all my existing tickets disappeared. Some were really long and complicated and went on for many months. Support has been awful here for years. 

• Well, they finally responded today. So far with more questions about things on my end, with no info if they have checked for any possible issues on their side. Moving forward now hopefully at least.
  • My DIM app hasn't worked on this account since the start of November last year. Like the OP it seems to be connected to a refund I requested. I've had two responses since then, the last one at the start of December. Recently I created a new account to see if that would solve the problem, which it did. So I'm fairly sure that whatever is wrong is on DAZ's end and not with my installation.

• Korentin said:

My DIM app hasn't worked on this account since the start of November last year. Like the OP it seems to be connected to a refund I requested. I've had two responses since then, the last one at the start of December. Recently I created a new account to see if that would solve the problem, which it did. So I'm fairly sure that whatever is wrong is on DAZ's end and not with my installation.

That really sucks dude. I wonder if you might be the other person that sales support mentioned. Did items disappear from your library as well btw?

• Korentin said:

My DIM app hasn't worked on this account since the start of November last year. Like the OP it seems to be connected to a refund I requested. I've had two responses since then, the last one at the start of December. Recently I created a new account to see if that would solve the problem, which it did. So I'm fairly sure that whatever is wrong is on DAZ's end and not with my installation.

If it is only DIM affected have you tried removing the account.ini file from

%appdata%/daz 3d/InstallManager/UserAccounts/

• Wonderland said:

I changed my email and all my existing tickets disappeared. Some were really long and complicated and went on for many months. Support has been awful here for years. 

This is a ZenDesk issue, as far as I know - I have the same, and no longer have acces to the old email.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

Wonderland said:

It has been years. I didn't realize it until you said it. I thought you were wrong, but, no, it's been at least 27 months since I noticed the change, and my account got broken. 

• peterandersson said:

Korentin said:

That really sucks dude. I wonder if you might be the other person that sales support mentioned. Did items disappear from your library as well btw?

Yep, took a few months but Sales Support refreshed my account so I have access to them again now.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Korentin said:

If it is only DIM affected have you tried removing the account.ini file from

%appdata%/daz 3d/InstallManager/UserAccounts/

No, it's Daz central too.

But yeah, I deleted app data and everything else DAZ in December and re-installed but it made no difference. By this point I'm fairly certain there is nothing else I can do on my end to fix this account. Thanks for the tip though :)

• As of today my account is finally working properly again.

The problem on their side was a cache for my owned products that was out of sync. Once they resolved that my store library got complete again and I could start using DIM properly as well.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

xyer0 said:

Wonderland said:

It has been years. I didn't realize it until you said it. I thought you were wrong, but, no, it's been at least 27 months since I noticed the change, and my account got broken. 

Sounds like it was the day they updated the store software (Nov 01, 2020). I remember thinking the evening before, hm-m, Halloween, and a full moon, what could go wrong?

peterandersson said:

As of today my account is finally working properly again.

The problem on their side was a cache for my owned products that was out of sync. Once they resolved that my store library got complete again and I could start using DIM properly as well.

Congratulations! That is really good news. Hopefully there was an apology. I'd give you a $20 gift card if it were my store.

NorthOf45 said:

xyer0 said:

Wonderland said:

Sounds like it was the day they updated the store software (Nov 01, 2020). I remember thinking the evening before, hm-m, Halloween, and a full moon, what could go wrong?

laugh 

• peterandersson said:

My account seems to be working again as well :)

• Korentin said:

peterandersson said:

My account seems to be working again as well :)

Excellent! Glad to hear it :)