Hayden for Young Teen

Can someone tell me why Stephanie 5 is listed as a Required Product?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I don't have the product, but as I think he's supposed to be Haley's twin (and she too requires Stephanie 5), and as they're made using Genesis 1 - which is unisex, I'm guessing that some of Stephanie 5's face was used to create the face.

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459

His texture set uses Stephanie 5 UVs.  Fortunately for me, I already own S5, so I bought Hayden on sale today.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,318

I ran into this issue a while ago.  Very disappointed in the marketing technique. sad How much trouble is it to include the UV for Hayden instead of requiring yet another expensive purchase? 

I'm sorry, but there  are people out here who work almost exclusively with male models and won't buy into the female zoo.  Bad DAZ, bad! angry

I ran into this issue a while ago.  Very disappointed in the marketing technique. sad How much trouble is it to include the UV for Hayden instead of requiring yet another expensive purchase? 

I'm sorry, but there  are people out here who work almost exclusively with male models and won't buy into the female zoo.  Bad DAZ, bad! angry

I feel that way about some of the morphs.  I would love to buy Kresh, but have no interest in Cory 6.  I'm sure they have their reasons, but they lose sales on products doing things like that.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

The S5 UV makes it a real pain to transfer the skin to G2M, alas.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    daveleitz said:

I would love to buy Kresh, but have no interest in Cory 6.  I'm sure they have their reasons, but they lose sales on products doing things like that.

Kresh is a custom sculpted morph and uses the G2M base UVs, here's what Kirk and Kresh look like on G2M without the Cory morph.  (this render has the navel and nipples from the G2M body morphs added)  Still looks like an orc, but a little less cutsie.

(FWArt Character lights, 3Delight render, Jason's loincloth)

Kresh without Cory.jpg
    725 x 1200 - 394K
    Fisty said:
    daveleitz said:

I would love to buy Kresh, but have no interest in Cory 6.  I'm sure they have their reasons, but they lose sales on products doing things like that.

Kresh is a custom sculpted morph and uses the G2M base UVs, here's what Kirk and Kresh look like on G2M without the Cory morph.  (this render has the navel and nipples from the G2M body morphs added)  Still looks like an orc, but a little less cutsie.

Interesting.  I've considered using the Kresh images in the store to recreate a facsimile of him using my library of Genesis morphs.  Still, some day I'll probably invest in G2M and probably buy Cory 6 and associated characters.

As far as Hayden goes, like other Genesis characters it's quite easy to use the morph slider or preset and then apply any material set you own.  The S5 UVs aren't mandatory, but changing materials does affect the final appearance in renders.  Sometimes it works quite well.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,332
    daveleitz said:
    Fisty said:
    daveleitz said:

Interesting.  I've considered using the Kresh images in the store to recreate a facsimile of him using my library of Genesis morphs.  Still, some day I'll probably invest in G2M and probably buy Cory 6 and associated characters.

As far as Hayden goes, like other Genesis characters it's quite easy to use the morph slider or preset and then apply any material set you own.  The S5 UVs aren't mandatory, but changing materials does affect the final appearance in renders.  Sometimes it works quite well.

the S5 UV's are mandatory if you want to use the skin textures that come with this character, which for many people is the main reason for purchasing a character.

Havos said:
    daveleitz said:
    Fisty said:
    daveleitz said:

the S5 UV's are mandatory if you want to use the skin textures that come with this character, which for many people is the main reason for purchasing a character.

Which is why said "Bad DAZ bad!".  This product needs to be repackaged to include the UVs. enlightened

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Actually, Hayden was made by Morris so he should be blamed rather than DAZ. Hayden always looked odd to me because of his eye shape, so I was never tempted to get him. On the other hand, I think that Stephanie 5 is a pretty good figure, so she may be worth picking up.

Zylox said:

Actually, Hayden was made by Morris so he should be blamed rather than DAZ. Hayden always looked odd to me because of his eye shape, so I was never tempted to get him. On the other hand, I think that Stephanie 5 is a pretty good figure, so she may be worth picking up.

Oh, OK.  "Morris".  I'll make a note of not trusting male figures from that source, to not require female resources

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Morris is a woman.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,332

I can only speak for my personal opinion, but I think a lot of Morris' work is pretty good. Whilst Hayden's head shape may not be to everyone's taste, there is nothing wrong with the texture, which can be used with any shape, male or female. Yes, you need the S5 UV's, whereas in retrospect it would have been better to use V4 UV's, but all the Genesis base shapes are frequently on such a steep discount it does not cost too much to pick up them all. I got A5 recently for 6.99 for the pro back, making the base cost around a dollar.

I think Hayden is a bit of a one off in being a male figure needing female UV's other than V4 (and V4 UVs are free with Genesis). I think you will find the rest of Morris' male characters do not have such a strange requirement as this one.