Content stored on drive with 2 names? (Mac related)

I need to move where all of my content to a new drive.

For REASONS, the drive will have a compound name "My Media"

The previous drive's name was "DazStuff" and the content will now be in a folder on "My Media" called "DazStuff" (just cloned it over).

For some reason when I set things up, I didn't use the compound name "Daz Stuff" which would be how I ususally do stuff.

I have a vague recollection I read something about Daz perfering no spaces in it's file paths... but I'm not sure about that.

SO, Does Daz Studio care about the format of the drive name?

(if you answer, please note if you're a PC or Mac user)

(looking at the content libraries, having the main library being called "My Daz 3d Library" which was made BY the program itself, hints to me that it doesn't matter, but I still want to check on thoughts on this.).

Comments

• Saba TaruSaba Taru Posts: 170

I'm on a Mac Pro and DS and all my content works just fine with spaces in the file path on my external drive.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I've never had a problem with spaces in file paths, but I'm on Windows, so I don't know if the volume name is treated differently.  Make sure you Export User Data first if you have custom categories/tags/metadata.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Thanks! I've reset the content libraries pointers, and everything looks good!

Mike: guess it's a good thing I haven't gotten around to trying custom categories..it's on my to do list :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited August 2015

It's spaces in the mtl files that can cause problems...and that's a limitation of the obj format more than anything else.

Think about it...it's now the Studio default to have spaces in the file path...there's one in 'My Library'.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    mjc1016 said:

Think about it...it's now the Studio default to have spaces in the file path...there's one in 'My Library'.

Which I literaly said in the original post.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Scavenger said:
    mjc1016 said:

Which I literaly said in the original post.

Actually, that was mostly directed to Mike...as he seems to have forgotten it. laugh