G3F seems to be not so bad as I thought

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

So, have bought G3F and V7 bundle stuff during the sale and have done some tests and have to say, G3F is not so bad as I thought, but I do miss some morphs V4.2 and I think also G2F has had.

Cheeks dimple crease for example

or morphs like

glute raise (left/right)

glute flex (left/right)

and what I do not understand is, why is it for DAZ not possible to create some glute bend morphs for accurate sitting, kneeling and squating poses? That I do not understand.

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    cosmo71 said:

So, have bought G3F and V7 bundle stuff during the sale and have done some tests and have to say, G3F is not so bad as I thought, but I do miss some morphs V4.2 and I think also G2F has had.

Cheeks dimple crease for example

or morphs like

glute raise (left/right)

glute flex (left/right)

and what I do not understand is, why is it for DAZ not possible to create some glute bend morphs for accurate sitting, kneeling and squating poses? That I do not understand.  A good example are the squish packages by I13 for V4.2 for breasts and glute. I really do not understand why new generation figures do not have such morphs included, G2F and G3F and also G2M are totally new figures, so why is it not possible to add such morphs???

breast hanging forward and breast flatten is also missing

ah okay, z translate...hmm...okay

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573

Okay figure for me. Don't like most of the skins. Pretty much have gone back to gen 2. Prefer gen 2 textures

Okay figure for me. Don't like most of the skins. Pretty much have gone back to gen 2. Prefer gen 2 textures

I have just bought the G3F because of the sale and also some G2F stuff. I prefer still V4.2 and M4 as you can see in my renders. I am just trying out what I havew bought to see what for an improvement G2F G2M and G3F really is and for me and my needs it is not really an improvement so far, well, that can change but right now i must say, for me not really.

the same with Iray, don`t need it.

edited August 2015

If I want to do renders that looks like photos, why not taking a camera and doing some? No that was a joke. I just have some understanding about 3Delight so I do not want to try something new. Not now.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited August 2015

now I wait 7 minutes (want to render) and nothing happens...well I think I will not use G3F any longer. Just the figure with one light and no other items in the scene, just G3F with Jeana skin, who knows how long this will take if using more lights and that is simple skin, who knows how long it will take with other skin textures like v7 or so. No, that doesn`t make fun.

this image took 16 minutes to render in 3Delight and G3F with the Jeana skin without anything else in the scene took nearly as long as this image here. That isn`t funny.

DX - DIXIE MANOR - SUNDAY MORNING.jpg
    1650 x 875 - 277K
  • NadinoNadino Posts: 258

cosmo71 said:

breast hanging forward and breast flatten is also missing

That morph is under the Pose Controls/Torso property group (visible in your Parameters tab) I think it is included in the base - if not then it is part of of the Body Morphs pack.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
    cosmo71 said:

this image took 16 minutes to render in 3Delight and G3F with the Jeana skin without anything else in the scene took nearly as long as this image here. That isn`t funny.

I like that image. Does have a nice mood to it, and the setting with the tea on the table looks great.

cosmo71 said:

I like that image. Does have a nice mood to it, and the setting with the tea on the table looks great.

Thank you.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,671

It is a nice image.

Honestly, I render in Luxrender mostly and occasionally in Iray and all my renders are 6 hours or more, so I would be thrilled with 16 minutes, LOL.

6hrs, well that would be nothing for me, that is to long

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,004

I stopped using IRay after it killed my 570GTX, though I guess part of it had to do with the age of the card but after doing what I thought was a simple scene my card went screw this and quit..

OT: I will wait I still have a fair chunk of V4/G1/G2 content and with converting V4 characters to G2F and seeing as there seems to be zero, zip, zilch backward compatability with G3 and previous generations I plan on staying with what I have.. That and well I have no real need for the new figure at this point in time..

edited September 2015
    ghosty12 said:

I stopped using IRay after it killed my 570GTX, though I guess part of it had to do with the age of the card but after doing what I thought was a simple scene my card went screw this and quit..

OT: I will wait I still have a fair chunk of V4/G1/G2 content and with converting V4 characters to G2F and seeing as there seems to be zero, zip, zilch backward compatability with G3 and previous generations I plan on staying with what I have.. That and well I have no real need for the new figure at this point in time..

I am just creating a new G3F character but I also will do renders with Dixie (v4) in the future. First, she has her fans, second I have to much content for her I can`t use accurate on the new generations and I do not want to kick the content in the trash can and thrid, Dixie is an evolutionary character and has gone through the years since I have started with 3D-Rendering. Sure she is just bits and bytes and polygons but a bit personallity sticks in her :), so yes, Dixie will be in the 3D world also in the future :)