Fixed -Belle and Brodie are in store again

namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,084
edited September 2015 in The Commons

So watch out - the bad part is that the characters I looked at specifically mention being for Belle or Brodie -- but no longer list Belle or Brodie in the required products list!

Post edited by namffuak on

Comments

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited August 2015

Yes, I was a bit put off by this too. I've been thinking about picking up Belle 6 for a while now and this sale would be the perfect time but now that they've been removed from the store its currently impossible angry

Daz people - is there any way we can still buy them at the moment?

Post edited by tl155180 on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,000

Yeah I now have a feeling despite what I have read I feel that Josie, Jayden, Belle and Brodie will never make a return here..  I think I was just lucky I got them before they were removed from the store and well what is weird is that K4 and others are still around and so is YT Julie and Justin so case of go figure..

• Same here about Belle.  I wanted to get her too.  I have the other three even though I haven't used them much.  I've been putting it off to gather more clothing items for them.  Perhaps I shouldn't have waited.

Maybe DAZ is waiting for a big re-introduction sale to bring them back.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,914

I figure it's either a legal wrangle, which happens at the speed of law, or they need to contract the promos and it's a low priority item compared to their other stuff.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

All the characters that mention being for Belle, Brodie, Josie, or J-whatshisname have the teen morphs dialed in at at least 50%, and really aren't useful without them (although a couple really look nice mixed with Giselle).

I'm with the others who say that 18 days (and counting) doesn't feel anywhere near "right" for updating the promo artwork, so I'm getting increasingly skeptical of the return of the teens.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

I figure it's either a legal wrangle, which happens at the speed of law, or they need to contract the promos and it's a low priority item compared to their other stuff.

..or they just forgot.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Or got busy doing other things.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Or stuck in 'committee' because they can't figure out how do you show enough skin for customers to evaluate the product without offending anyone.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited August 2015
    jestmart said:

Or stuck in 'committee' because they can't figure out how do you show enough skin for customers to evaluate the product without offending anyone.

Put the skin on an adult shape, and just grey scale for the shape for the teen.

Post edited by nicstt on
    edited August 2015

I'm with timmins on this one... feels like they might have gotten bogged down in a legal dispute or something. It would be pretty terrible business practice to remove popular items from your store for weeks simply because you can't be bothered to get around to finishing the new promo art. Think of the sales they're currently missing out on for those characters and their add-ons.

Plus, people have been talking about inappropriate teen promo images for ages here and Daz was never concerned about it - then suddenly they decide that the product pages have to be removed immediately and the images need changing...? Seems fishy to me...

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

I am of the mindset that they have a limited set of promo artists they work with, and with September (PA Festival) and October (PC Extravaganza) coming up, those artists are absolutely flatlined in terms of time, and DAZ'd rather they spent time on items that will be big up-front sellers, rather than items in the long-tail of their character catalog.

There are plenty of other alternatives, but I don't tend to go for the worst-case-scenario out of the gate. :)

--  Morgan

Then why wouldn't they just leave the teen product pages up for now as they are, while they wait for promo artists to become available? Surely losing money on some big-title products is not a good idea unless you're being forced to.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

tl155180 said:

Then why wouldn't they just leave the teen product pages up for now as they are, while they wait for promo artists to become available? Surely losing money on some big-title products is not a good idea unless you're being forced to.

Sorry, let me clear my impression up on that...  I do believe that something caused them to 'have to' redo the promo renders; it could be a copyright issue, it could be a complaint that they took very seriously, it could be a legal concern from the original PA (I think several of the items, if not all, were done by the same original artist).  I don't know at all.  But I also do believe that the items will come back; that the promo renders are just delayed because of the sales season.

--  Morgan

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

They're back

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210

Belle is now sporting a one-piece swimsuit instead of the bikini (don't know if anything else has changed).

But they're both showing at full price for me (not even PC 30% off) but are listed in the Genesis 2 Sale items.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,084

They probably just showed up - so it will take a while for the pricing to sort itself. At least the items that need these figures as pre-reqs are now starting to show it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I'm seeing the discounts now.

edited September 2015
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

tl155180 said:

Sorry, let me clear my impression up on that...  I do believe that something caused them to 'have to' redo the promo renders; it could be a copyright issue, it could be a complaint that they took very seriously, it could be a legal concern from the original PA (I think several of the items, if not all, were done by the same original artist).  I don't know at all.  But I also do believe that the items will come back; that the promo renders are just delayed because of the sales season.

--  Morgan

Ah, I see, sorry. Haha! Nice timing wink. Now you can claim mystical pre-cog powers!

Gunna have to wait for another sale now...