Premier Artist Festival

I saw something in my promos from Daz about a Premier Artist Festval. Is this an actual event? If so, does anybody know when and where it will take place? Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Yes, it's in September, with discounts on items by PA's, both new items and back catalog.

• I think it may be starting earlier, like maybe tomorrow or Tuesday:

Two splashes on the sale page sort of hint to this.  "must buy BEFORE" and "48 hours only"

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I think it may be starting earlier, like maybe tomorrow or Tuesday:

Two splashes on the sale page sort of hint to this.  "must buy BEFORE" and "48 hours only"

Well Tuesday is the First day of September.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    Xfitz said:

I saw something in my promos from Daz about a Premier Artist Festval. Is this an actual event? If so, does anybody know when and where it will take place? Thanks.

And now I have a vision in my head of a bunch of PA's in a park under a bunch of those little tents trying to sell models street vendor style. Maybe not practical but it would be a total blast.

Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

And now I have a vision in my head of a bunch of PA's in a park under a bunch of those little tents trying to sell models street vendor style. Maybe not practical but it would be a total blast.

Especially if all the PAs were dressed in replications of some of the content sold in the store. 

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited August 2015
    Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

You made me a vision of the PAs all dressed as gypsies, with fiddle music in the background and little tiny Victorias and Michaels on their display tables, doing their best to show off their tiny clothing and shiny little swords!  And their teeny tiny little muscle-morphs and head-morphs, and of course Ironman 13's 100 tables would just have them all avidly posing.  "One Million and One Poses!"

The creepiest tents would be the ones selling UVs and merchant resources, as if they were animal skins on sale.  All the tiny Victorias, Michaels, Kathys, and Giannis would occasionally cast a wary eye to that tent, shudder, and go back to modelling their superhero outfits and bikinis.

And there would be performances in the center ring, like the feather dances at American Indian drum circles.  Team Aiko 6 would put on a choreographed hoverboard performance at 2 pm, and Team Scott 6 would give self-defense demonstrations at the top of each hour.  They're all small, so the center ring only needs to be about two meters square.  cheeky

Lighting would be on display everywhere!  The main ring would be lit by iray, but some of the tents would have 3Delight lighting, Lux, or Octane.  Paolo would have his own tent with a big banner "Reality 2020".  And then there would be the tent with gobo lighting; very popular for the bikini Victorias.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Chohole said:
    Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

Especially if all the PAs were dressed in replications of some of the content sold in the store. 

now that would be scary...who's the Troll

Szark said:
    Chohole said:
    Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

• The troll would be his own character, have a pink material, with bright purple hair, and he'd be running the ring-toss or duck-shoot game.  Winners would take home a troll!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    edited August 2015
    Szark said:
    Chohole said:
    Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

Did somebody call me?

And I wouldn't go home with just anybody.  I do have standards. cheeky

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited August 2015

So would this basically take on the look and feel of a carnival, with rides for the kiddies too?  laugh  Minimum height requirements would probably prevent any of the Victorias, Michaels, Mei Lins, or Lees from going on rides.  But maybe we can give them a petting zoo in one corner of the venue?

Wait, we can let them ride dragons and dinosaurs!

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Szark said:
    Chohole said:
    Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

Did somebody call me?

LOL Troll with standards, now that's progress.

Szark said:
    Szark said:
    Chohole said:
    Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

Did somebody call me?

LOL Troll with standards, now that's progress.

Probably lurks under one of the posh bridges

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Chohole said:
    Khory said:
    Xfitz said:

I'm not entirely sure I'd want to see many/most of the PAs wearing a large chunk of the stuff in the store...heck most NORMAL people shouldn't wear that stuff...

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

"heck most NORMAL people shouldn't wear that stuff..."

I'm pretty sure I saw bethany out in a very short tight skirt just the other night actually.. So yea they do wear that stuff.

I would also like to point out that it wouldn't be nearly festive enough without a good beer garden, a place that sells coffee 24 hours a day (so the PA's can keep going), and some place that has rather lovely chocolates.

Khory said:

I'm pretty sure I saw bethany out in a very short tight skirt just the other night actually.. So yea they do wear that stuff.

I would also like to point out that it wouldn't be nearly festive enough without a good beer garden, a place that sells coffee 24 hours a day (so the PA's can keep going), and some place that has rather lovely chocolates.

I'm not saying they DON'T wear it...they SHOULD NOT wear it...if not for their own sense of decency...don't wear it, for the children!  They'll be scarred for life! You really want Great Aunt Matilda (the one who looks like a cross between Larry the Cable Guy and Roseanne Barr...with more hair...in places there shouldn't be hair) wearing the Persian Beauty outfit? (ACK!  I need brain bleach just for coming up with that...)

Now, I'm not saying any of the PAs look like Great Aunt Matilda...but clown outfits and 'normal' stuff should be enough.

As if children aren't scarred for life by clowns.

Well...there is that...so scratch the clowns.

Hmm...maybe burlap sacks?

I'm pretty sure Faveral has some of those.

Yep...in the Western Bric-A-Brac set...nice coffee sack, among others.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    mjc1016 said:
    Khory said:

I'm not saying they DON'T wear it...they SHOULD NOT wear it...if not for their own sense of decency...don't wear it, for the children!  They'll be scarred for life! You really want Great Aunt Matilda (the one who looks like a cross between Larry the Cable Guy and Roseanne Barr...with more hair...in places there shouldn't be hair) wearing the Persian Beauty outfit? (ACK!  I need brain bleach just for coming up with that...)

Now, I'm not saying any of the PAs look like Great Aunt Matilda...but clown outfits and 'normal' stuff should be enough.

Somehow I feel this early render of mine would be appropriate here. It's the year 2015. Free your mind and let people be who and how they want to be. As long as they're wearing something it's all good.wink Besides, for some PA's, wearing their skimp wear could be an eye opener and make them think about the content they'll produce in the future. (not that I have anything against skimp wear, but more options would be nice)

vogue1.png
    667 x 1080 - 1018K

Dang...Shrek was caught digging through Fiona's closet...again!

He really needs to cut back on those after dinner peasants...

• mjc1016 said:

Dang...Shrek was caught digging through Fiona's closet...again!

He really needs to cut back on those after dinner peasants...

"Serf's up! Time to party."

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    Hey hey, even the Troll is allowed to feel pretty and wanted. http://orig07.deviantart.net/1ff1/f/2012/198/0/3/troll___op_by_skiriki-d57jnzq.png
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879

It's OK to freak out, even DAZ does it:

http://www.daz3d.com/pretty-in-pink

• Taozen said:

well a pink tutu worked for the Toxic Avenger

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    Taozen said:

well a pink tutu worked for the Toxic Avenger

But does DAZ offer a decent mop? Preferably parented for combat moves.

• EveniosEvenios Posts: 119

cant wait! :-)

• XfitzXfitz Posts: 96

All of this has been an intriguing twist to my origina question, but what I was hoping is that there was an actual confernce style event similar to what Photoshop has each year in Vegas - I actually was introduced to DAZ 3D at one of these conferences - with How To sessions all day long.  I always left that confernce educated and inspired, and wishing there was something similar in the 3D graphics world that one could attend. And perhaps there is and I just do not know where to look, but this so called Artist Festeval is aparently not it. Anyhow, thanks for the entertaining comments.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

@Xfitz - Maybe you want SIGGraph?

--  Morgan