DSON Problems Installing on Poser Pro 2012

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,044

I had to reinstall Poser Pro 2012 and now I can't get DSON to work.  I uninstalled it from the computer, then reinstalled it, but when I try to use Genesis I get a message saying DSON was not found.  DSON has one of those automatic installers.  I know what folder it's going into, but it's a folder with a thousand other things.  Is there a file list that I can see for DSON that shows the exact name of the DSON files that are installed, and where they're suppose to go?

Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you using DIM or a stand-alone installer?

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

I'm using PPro2014-64bit, and AFAIK these are the files/locations that get installed

......./Poser Pro 2014/Runtime/Python/addons/dson
    __init__.py
    boost_python-vc100-mt-1_50.dll
    dzdsonimporter.pyd
    DzDSONIO.dll
    QtCore4.dll

......./Poser Pro 2014/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/DSON support
    Importer Preferences....py
    Transfer Active Morphs.py

......./Poser Pro 2014/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/DSON support/Subdivision
    Set SubDivision Level 0.py
    Set SubDivision Level 1.py
    Set SubDivision OFF.py

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,044

Are you using DIM or a stand-alone installer?

I tried with the DIM and it wouldn't do anything.  So I tried with a manual download and that wouldn't work unless I disabled the installation of the extas that come along with the DSON. 

glaseye said:

I'm using PPro2014-64bit, and AFAIK these are the files/locations that get installed

......./Poser Pro 2014/Runtime/Python/addons/dson
    __init__.py
    boost_python-vc100-mt-1_50.dll
    dzdsonimporter.pyd
    DzDSONIO.dll
    QtCore4.dll

......./Poser Pro 2014/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/DSON support
    Importer Preferences....py
    Transfer Active Morphs.py

......./Poser Pro 2014/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/DSON support/Subdivision
    Set SubDivision Level 0.py
    Set SubDivision Level 1.py
    Set SubDivision OFF.py

Thank you for this.  I'm on a Mac 64bit.  These are the files that got installed on my computer.  They look similar to yours.

Screen shot 2015-08-30 at 9.29.52 PM.png
    710 x 610 - 128K
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

A bit of a longshot, as I do not have a mac; I'm using a pc/win7 combo... When I had dson installed for PPro2012 and PPro2014 (both versions are installed on my system), I didn't work. I had to completely uninstall dson from both versions (there were 2 dson's in my installed programs list) and even manually delete any remnants that had been left, before reinstalling dson for just Ppro2014. I don't know if something similar might have happened here...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,602

What is the folder location that you are trying to save DSON to?

The previous copy of DSON gets uninstalled, before I try to install the new one.

The folder location I'm trying to save DSON to is HARDDRIVE - APPLICATIONS - POSER PRO 2012.

The necessary content is installed in my Runtime.

I'll attach the message I get from Poser when I try to load Genesis into the scene.

Genesis error.png
    400 x 305 - 26K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,670

If you can't install with DIM (as DIM most probably thinks it's already installed, have you tried to first uninstall with DIM?

Totte said:

If you can't install with DIM (as DIM most probably thinks it's already installed, have you tried to first uninstall with DIM?

Yes, I uninstalled with DIM.

DSON worked with this Poser Pro 2012 before I uninstalled Poser.  After I reinstalled Poser Pro 2012, DSON wouldn't work.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,670

Yes, but you might need to uninstall DSON from DIM to get it correctly back in again.

Totte said:

Yes, but you might need to uninstall DSON from DIM to get it correctly back in again.

I did that.

After reinstalling Poser and any SR's?

After reinstalling Poser and any SR's?

What is "SR"?

Service Release

All I installed was Poser.  Where do I get the service release?

Thank you.  I'll install that.