Hello. New user to DAZ3D - looking at animation on the Mac

digitalus49digitalus49 Posts: 20
edited August 2015 in New Users

Well, I've used Cinema 4DXL, Maya and a few others.... and now I'm thinking to try my hand at DAZ3D. My confusion is the aniMATE Lite plugin that seems to be on the DAZ3D software.

Is their an upgrade for the aniMate Lite software for Mac? Also.... why has DAZ not provided pro animation packs for Gen, Gen2 and 3?

It would make life so so much easier!

Post edited by digitalus49 on

Comments

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Well, I've used Cinema 4DXL, Maya and a few others.... and now I'm thinking to try my hand at DAZ3D. My confusion is the aniMATE Lite plugin that seems to be on the DAZ3D software.

Is their an upgrade for the aniMate Lite software for Mac? Also.... why has DAZ not provided pro animation packs for Gen, Gen2 and 3?

It would make life so so much easier!

If you get the aniMate 2 pro upgrade in the store you can set many sub tracks to adjust the available aniblocks (ie foot adjustments etc) not sure the functionality of it in the light version. also there are a lot of aniblock packs that cover genisis as well as v4 which can all be tweaked for g2 to use.
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,616

Welcome to Daz. I'm also on a steep learning curve to animate on a Mac. I'd suggest you also visit the "Art Studio" forum where a lot of animation discussions are held.

• The camera controls by default are pretty wacky..... taking some time to lock them down.