An Anniversary!

So today is the 1 year anniversary of me using Daz 3d!

(technically it's the 1 year anniversary of the first scene I saved/rendered, so it'll be the observed today :)

So, I decided to show my 2 first renders, after posting my 2 newest renders in the New User Contest. (due to the rules, I can't post them here, but they can be seen:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/894462/#Comment_894462

& http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/894473/#Comment_894473

In the past year I've learned a lot about this program and 3d art in general, after around 15 years of WANTING to learn and never getting started.

I've entered some contests...I've won some, I've lost some.

I want to thank the company for providing this software.  I grouse about it and the programmers a lot, but it is appreciated.

Most of all I want to thank all the members of this forum and others who've helped me along the way with advice, both good, bad, and wanting-to-hit-them-with-a-baseball-bat frustrating.

So thanks to all and may your renders be quick and error free!

beachgirl-aug2014.jpg
1280 x 720 - 445K
beach1.jpg
1280 x 720 - 485K

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Congrats, Scavenger!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,914

Congrats! And maaaany moooore...

Me, I'm at about 9 months in. Looking forward to where I will be at 1 year.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

I'm in just about the same boat-- I'll hit that magic 1 year marker for Studio in February. Prior to that, I was using various versions of Poser to do the rendering--

Until I saw how much nicer G2 was than Gen3/4, and the difficulty or getting them into Poser and operating at a speed that allows me to run several renders quickly. The age of my existing content library was getting in the way, and the problems were only compounded by Firefly, when Iray produced results that were a million times better. :/

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Happy anniversary!

And I definitely agree about this forum and its helpful members.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,359
    edited August 2015

I'm a few days away from my third anniversary.  A lot has happened and I like to think I've done one or two quite good renders.

This is also my 750th post! 

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Thank all!:)