Does Shade 3D have soft selection?

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited September 2015 in The Commons

Brought this up in one of the shade threads. Never heard back. This is a huge hurdle for me...I returned the product because of this actually.

However today hexagon is dying because i have a hair piece with so much geometry I can't even make a basic morph. Might have to use deformers but I find using a modeling app much faster...assuming it works.

So is there soft selection is shade? No i won't use blender. thanks.

Hex works fine assuming i don't have to undo..undo takes minutes....not acceptable.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Comments

• There's always Carrara but I too know it can be choked easily

what I do there, and it may work in Hexagon, is name  or and hide stuff in the vertex room after ring and loop selecting, it also makes it easier to do morphs, so long as the obj exports themselves keep their vertex number the final morphs will work.

placing the morphs along carrara's timeline a DAZcolada export will even bring them all over if a new version of the hair is preferred.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I haven't found one yet.  It's a nuisance as I use that a lot in Silo.

• The Magnet tool - after selecting the mesh in the Modify mode - seems to do the trick (while checking the Active Vertices Only checkbox). Input the desired value in "extent area". Hope it helps ; )

• naoura7 said:

The Magnet tool - after selecting the mesh in the Modify mode - seems to do the trick (while checking the Active Vertices Only checkbox). Input the desired value in "extent area". Hope it helps ; )

Thanks for the tip!

what I do there, and it may work in Hexagon, is name  or and hide stuff in the vertex room after ring and loop selecting, it also makes it easier to do morphs, so long as the obj exports themselves keep their vertex number the final morphs will work.

yeah I hide as much as I can too, but sometimes just getting stuff over initially is a chore. Daz handles high poly objects so well you don't even realize that its 400k until you export it!

Wilmap said:

I haven't found one yet.  It's a nuisance as I use that a lot in Silo.

I can confirm the magnet does the trick! Silo is good though, I might have to go back to practicing that one.

• I use Maya LT, and it's soft select is lovely.