wondersheetz make me wonder, please help

Hi, I've got "Jepe's WonderSheetZ for Genesis 2 Female(s)" and, to be honest, I thought that I take G2F (maybe adding a character), choose a pose out of the Jepe's WonderSheetZ poses-pool and a sheet... and then, it goes together - like it works with clothes...? Well, it does NOT. At least not with me (using DS4.8 on a Mac if that matters).

Now I did try to adjust the sheet via the "Parameters-Tab", but that doesn't seem to bring me to any satisfying result. Not to mention those beautiful "drapes" that are shown in the DAZ-shop-preview. I had the idea, that those are presets? ...or at least some adjustment-wheels? OK, they are not.

But how can I make drapes like that? How can I fit those sheets to the pose? I could not find any manual or tutorial online.... Is there anybody out there, who can help me with that?

Thanks.

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2015

No, it doesn't just work out of the box, I'm afraid. You need to put the figure in the scene, apply the desired pose, select the sheet that matches the pose (which is the first tricky part) and then use the slider to make the sheet pose (which is the second tricky part). Figuring it all out isn't easy.

I have the G3F version, so I'm not entirely sure that everything is the same, but Jepe has a page at deviantArt with renders of the different combinations that are supposed to go together. It still takes some guesswork -- the abbreviations are ... less helpful than they might be (although I think they match the presets), but it does get you more or less where you need to go.

http://jepegraphics.deviantart.com/gallery/55001189/WonderSheetZ-V7

The first 11 images are artistic renders; after that, you get to the images that show the poses matched to sheet parameters poses.

You shouldn't need a login to see the clay renders, which are the ones you need.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • I have the sheetz.  I choose a pose for V7 and apply.  I load the same numbered sheet.  In parameter>actor for that sheet, I apply one of the dials at 1.00 and it loads the sheet pose for that figure pose.  There is more than one dial.  Use one at 1.00.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited September 2015

There are 15 sheet props and 15 poses each for Victoria 6, Aiko 6, Lilth 6 and Olympia 6

The props and poses are numbered 1 to 15 and are designed to be used as a set.  Sheet 1 wtih pose 1, sheet 12 with pose 12, etc..

Usage example with Victoria 6:

1. Load Victoria 6
    2. Apply a Victoria pose 1 thru 15
    3. Load the matching sheet 1 thru 15
    4. With the sheet selected, go to Parameters tab where you'll find 5 sheet morph variations to drape the sheet with that particular pose.  The sheet draping morphs are designed to be dialed in one at a time AND on the unmorphed Victoria 6 shape for best results.

Using the sheets on a morphed base character all depends on how the sheet drapes around the figure.  If you get a bit of poke through, you can try applying the smoothing modifier to the sheet and adjust the collision and smoothing parameters.

edit: Here's a link to the product documentation: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/22137/start

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • I have the sheetz.  I choose a pose for V7 and apply.  I load the same numbered sheet.  In parameter>actor for that sheet, I apply one of the dials at 1.00 and it loads the sheet pose for that figure pose.  There is more than one dial.  Use one at 1.00.

ah, I got it! the crux is, that you have to set it to 1.00 as otherwhise the sheet is just placed somewhere in space. what confused me was, that if you stay below that value (say 0.3) the sheet seems to move around without plan, which took me off, before I could reach the 1.00 ;)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your comments and help!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

As a new owner of the wondersheets for V7 I must thank all participants in this thread for making it easy for me to use it :)