What exactly can be returned and what not?

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879

On the Rev-Up page it says:

"Items purchased with REV-UP discount or items that are earned with a REV-UP discount are not eligible for returns or refunds."

Does that mean that an item you purchase which is discounted because of your Rev-Up status cannot be returned?  

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Yes.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2015

Reason: It's too darn complicated to figure out what the amount of the return should be.

Although, in the past, I thought if you returned EVERYTHING from an order from one of these sales events, that was doable...but it had to be the entire order.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
    edited September 2015
    mjc1016 said:

Reason: It's too darn complicated to figure out what the amount of the return should be.

Hm, yes, checking my invoices it looks like the discounts for the Rev-Up sale are subtracted from the total rather than being subtracted from each individual item, as they normally are. So that makes sense.

But if you only have one discounted item in your order, one which doesn't generate a Rev-Up point itself, it technically shouldn't be a problem, as that's the same as returning the whole order?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

And there is the start of the complexity...remember, the whole thing is some sort of voodoo math, to begin with.  Trying to figure it out would probably cause all sorts of apocalyptic things to happen...snow in Miami, plagues of locusts and rivers running backwards...that sort of thing.  Not to mention the mess from exploding heads (like popcorn).  

It would probably be best to send a request with a gift certificate attached for a super-duper, industrial sized barrel of Tylenol.

But overall, it's a lot easier on the support staff to no allow it...health insurance costs will be much lower.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
    edited September 2015

Yea, I'm not counting on that they will return the whole (1 item) order, so better not take any chances. In this case it's a rather expensive item which I'm not sure can do what I want, so I think I'll pass this time...

Post edited by Taoz on