Color of Torch Fire? (3delight)

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited September 2015 in The Commons

I'm working on a dungeon scene that will largely be lit with point lights as torch flames..a prety common setting..

What settings have folks used to get a good firelight that's not so orange or yellow or a mix, or is this even the right path?

Post edited by Scavenger on

Comments

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I think I have the intensity level...but I'd like to avoid there being the super bright spots at the center of the point, rather having the prop fire be seen. Below is the scene, and then an arial shot showing light placement.  The lights on the right side are off camera, where they'd be in a different angle shot

dungeon test.png
    1200 x 776 - 2M
    Screenshot 2015-09-03 17.02.54.png
    906 x 614 - 1M
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

I tend to use the UberPoint Torch light for this sort of thing.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2015

This link

http://planetpixelemporium.com/tutorialpages/light.html

gives the RGB values for various color temperature lights...something around the candle flame works well.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    mjc1016 said:

This link

http://planetpixelemporium.com/tutorialpages/light.html

gives the RGB values for various color temperature lights...something around the candle flame works well.

Thanks! I knew something like that had to exist, but I couldn't find the search times to find it.

edited September 2015

A few of the other links are to fun little things like that, too.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    SimonJM said:

I tend to use the UberPoint Torch light for this sort of thing.

Interesting...

I'll need to look at those..I was learning about the the uber area shader the other week.

Hmm, got the colors right, but I still get the big white spot at it's core..

Scavenger said:

Hmm, got the colors right, but I still get the big white spot at it's core..

Screenshot? (an updated one...)

Usually, that means the intensity is still too high.

Its the same as above.. I'm playing with the uberenviroment settings, trying to find what should be a good ambient setting, and then I'll lower the torches to be more effects oriented.